I knew I was going to have my wedding at Barton Creek the second we turned onto Barton Creek Road and saw the beauty of Texas Hill Country. As out-of-staters (but Texas natives) my husband and I knew we wanted to show off the beauty of Austin to all of our out of town guests, as well as pick a place that would be a comfortable place for all of our guests to stay. I'll divide my review into 2 parts, one for the wedding venue, and one for the hotel.
We chose to throw our wedding reception in the newly-remodeled pavilion, which also has a beautiful veranda with a great view. I was a little intimidated at first, because our wedding guest list was on the smaller side and I didn't know if we could make the venue feel cozy and romantic because it is such a big space. From the moment I met my future coordinator Lisa, she made my parents and I feel like everything would be taken care of - onsite coordinating, all catering and drinks, the cakes, a lot of the decor...everything would be taken care of. She gave me ideas for churches closeby, a preferred vendor list, and answered my millions of questions before we even decided to book our wedding date. Little did I know that was just tip of the iceberg on the things Lisa would help me with in the next year - room blocks, luncheons, golf tournaments, every aspect of the wedding, food tastings - Lisa made it so easy for me to plan a wedding from out of state, and she always put my mind at ease. The wedding weekend turned out to be even better than we all expected, with impeccable food, service, staff, and the venue was just beautiful and enchanting. It was a dream come true.
The hotel is located in one of the most beautiful parts of Austin. The staff is very helpful, and will do whatever they can to make your stay comfortable. I love that it had different amentities to suit everyones want and needs - several restaurants, a spa, many great golf courses, clothing stores, even a starbucks! My out of town guests were all very happy that they had everything they needed closeby.
The actual hotel rooms are sooooo comfortable, with gorgeous views and modern amenties. My parents were automatically upgraded to a room in the "tower" portion of the hotel, which I really appreciated. My husband and I were treated to a honeymoon suite with champagne, chocolate covered stawberries, and leftovers from our reception. The actual suite was HUGE with a panaramic view from the balcony of the entire property. Everything was just perfect.
I cannot say enough good things about our experience, and can't wait to celebrate future special occasions at Barton Creek.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Like the stunning Hill Country that embraces our luxury resort hotel, Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa is revered for its distinctive blend of peaceful beauty and gracious warmth. From the very moment you arrive, the natural ambiance of the landscape and our welcoming staff will invite you to unwind and immerse yourself in a unique collection of desirable amenities.Framed within 4,000 secluded acres of rolling hills of Austin, Texas, you’ll be pleased to discover our full-service Three Springs Spa, four spectacular championship golf courses, award-winning conference and meeting facilities, four extraordinary dining options, numerous recreational activities and so much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Omni Hotels & Resorts, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, Odigeo, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barton Creek Hotel Austin
- Barton Creek Resort And Spa
- Barton Creek Resort Club