Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa
$229
  • Breakfast included
La Quinta Inn & Suites Austin Southwest(Austin)(Great Value!)
$109
Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel(Austin)(Great Value!)
$145
$230
$199
Hyatt.com
  • Pool
Wyndham Garden Austin(Austin)(Great Value!)
$98
Omni Austin at South Park(Austin)(Great Value!)
$122
Omni Hotels
W Austin(Austin)
$329
$249
2,199 results
All reviewshill countrygreat golfnature trailtennis courtsgolf courses arefazio foothillsindoor poolbeautiful propertybell stafffitness centerbreakfast buffetbusiness conferenceself parkingaustin areaweddingvalettexas
Reviewed October 31, 2011

This is a nice facility, although I am not a golfer and so it would not necessarily be my first choice as a personal destination. I was here for a wedding,however, and everything was very nice and the food at the reception was very good. The guest room was spacious with a nice wood-floored entryway leading to the tiled dressing area and bathroom. There was a second sink in the dressing area, which is always nice when two people are getting ready for an event. The hotel staff was always friendly and helpful.

One thing I need to say is that this is NOT a good place for a handicapped person. My wife, who has extremely limited mobility but can traverse short distances with a walker, accompanied me to this event and it was a difficult place for her to be. The staff did the best they could to accomodate her, including assigning a room right off the lobby elevator (some of the rooms in this hotel are quite a long hike from the elevators). The facility seems old and even though I imagine it may marginally meet handicapped access laws, in reality the public dining areas, ballroom, and the pavillion where the wedding was held all require guests to walk stairs. It turns out that there are a few rampways hidden within some of the walls, which saved the day. One of the staff persons named Justin was especially helpful in that he showed us the access to the ramps and actually accompanied my wife through the maze the first time she used them. (I know that the managment of this hotel reads these reviews, so please be sure to thank Justin).

One other issue for the handicapped is that the beds are exceedingly high off the floor -- they are at desktop height. Even after the hotel staff sent over a stepladder to the room, my wife could not climb into the bed (she did once, with assistance) and she basically had to instead sleep in one of the two big chairs that were in the room.

I'm writing all this, not to complain ... because I liked the facility and the staff was great ... but mostly to advise anyone who may be handicapped that this is not a good choice for their special needs. Had I not had a handicapped person with me, I would have otherwise been very happy with this hotel as to the accomodations, staff and food,

Room Tip: Not a good choice for the handicapped
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
BartonCreekGM, General Manager at Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2011

I will share your kind words with Justin. I am confident that the staff was as accommodating as possible, but I do sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and discomfort that your wife experienced.

Reviewed October 29, 2011

This resort met and exceeded our expectations on so many levels. My husband and I decided to take a mini-vacation this year (long weekend), but still wanted it to be special. The Barton Creek Resort & Spa is a slice of Paradise in the beautiful Texas Hill Country.

The service throughout was excellent, and we opted for the Tranquility Ritual and a massage. It was truly wonderful, and something we would love to do again. We stayed in the Tower section, top floor, and the view was spectacular.

The room was clean, updated, spacious and had a nice mini-bar/fridge that we were able to use to store some of our own munchies.

We even played putt-putt golf one morning (which we haven't done in MANY years) and it was fun and so pleasant outside. This is a terrific time of year to go, and if you're looking for a wonderful place to pamper yourselves and just "get away from it all", then this may be the place for you!

I'm planning to gift a weekend here to my parents on their next anniversary...

Room Tip: Higher floors in the Tower have the best view!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FizzgigF
BartonCreekGM, General Manager at Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2011

"A Slice of Paradise!" We look forward to welcoming your parents. I would be happy to send them a celebratory dessert while they are here. When you book their stay, please email Kelly Clarke, our Director of Marketing. Be sure to reference TripAdvisor in your message.

Reviewed October 27, 2011

I was overwhelmed with pleasure with my stay at the resort and also my experience at the spa. I was in town on business and would highly recommend choosing this resort!!! There’s nothing like it. Go, go, go!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business

Glad you were able to fit in some relaxation on a business trip.
Come back on a leisure vacation and you will enjoy yourself even more!

Reviewed October 26, 2011

I was staying at the Barton Creek Resort for a conference. The food at the events was excellent. I only ate at their restaurant for lunch, and it was quite good, but pricey.

The meeting rooms were excellent.

The sleeping rooms were nicely decorated and comfortable, but I couldn't get over such a high-end resort having no tea (they had coffee) or mouthwash supplied as part of the room. I had my own mouthwash, but asked for tea bags twice and was never accomodated. Not good service.

Everything else was excellent, though, so in the bigger picture probably not such a big deal, but it seems like it should have been. I told them at checkout about the tea and they said 'oh we're sorry but we don't have tea in the rooms'.

Also a pet peeve of mine is that the 'business hotels' Holiday Inn Express, Hampton, Courtyard, etc all provide internet service. It was an extra $9 per day for internet. Also the business center charges for computer use after the first 15 minutes, and they have an outrageous price for using the printer....69/pg for black and white....1.79/pg for color.

Room Tip: All the rooms seemed very nice.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 21, 2011

A group of 20 of us just returned from 5 days of golf and fun at Barton Creek Resort. This review will deal with the hotel and restaurants, as well as a brief mention of the recreational facilities. I will post separate, more detailed reviews of each of the four golf courses. Also look for reviews of some restaurants not on the property, if you are interested.

I return home a bit ambivalent about Barton Creek. The setting is certainly beautiful. The staff is amazingly helpful. The rooms are clean, very comfortable, and well-decorated. And I had a great time. But compared to other resorts and spas, such as Marriott's Desert Ridge in Phoenix, I'm not sure I would come back to this one.

I did not use the spa, so I cannot comment on that. But several people on the trip tried to get massages and were unable to. If you want a massage or other spa treatment, book before you arrive.

Two of the four golf courses - the two Fazio courses - are outstanding. They are a reason to come back. The Crenshaw course and the Palmer course (which is 1/2 hour from the hotel) are nice, but I wouldn't rush to play them again. Consider them the tune-up courses for when you first arrive. Although Barton Creek considers the Fazio Canyons course to be it's signature course, all of us enjoyed the beauty of the Fazio Foothills course more.

On the negative side, rooms in the tower are a good ten minute walk from the lobby. If you forget something in your room, or, like happened to me, you get to your room and the key doesn't work, it's a long way back.

In terms of food, we ate in four of the Barton Creek restaurants. They all have one thing in common (along with the beverage carts on the golf courses) - they are very expensive. Sandwiches in the bars run in the $15 range. A Jack Daniels on the rocks cost $11.50, plus mandatory 21% service charge. Two Bloody Marys and a bottle of water on the golf course cost $26.

Breakfast is served in the Hill Country Dining Room. The buffet is very extensive, perhaps the largest I've seen. Quality is good, but not great. It was included in our package, so I don't know how much it would cost if you just walked in. As part of a package deal, great. To pay an enormous sum wouldn't be worth it.

We ate lunch and at various times had drinks and snacks at both the Barton Lounge and the 8212 Wine Bar and Grill. The shrimp BLT and the tortilla soup are OUTSTANDING. The beer selection is decent. But again, all of this is expensive.

The Hill Country Dining Room is turned into a steakhouse for the evening, and again, the key phrase would have to be, "this place is expensive". The food is good, but you can get good food outside the hotel for a lot less money.

Overall, an enjoyable stay, and with the right package, I would return to play the Fazio courses again. But if I was looking for a resort and spa and not golf, I would try elsewhere first.

Room Tip: This is one hotel where being near an elevator is a good idea. Otherwise, you can have a very long walk.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends