“Not worth the money”

Got a photo?
Add it.
The Crossings Wellness Spa
Reviewed July 8, 2010

I had a groupon day spa gift at The Crossings which I used to get the Watsu massage. The massage felt good during and immediately afterwards. But my back started stiffening up on my drive back home and I was stiff the rest of the evening and the entire day after. I'm the kind who would get a deep tissue massage as I like strong pressure that will get into the knots in my muscles. So the Watsu massage wasn't my usual cup of tea, but I wanted to see for myself what the fuss is all about. I don't think I will be going back for another one. Also, it's supposed to be a 50 min massage, but the actual massage was more like 45 mins. I guess they count the time going to the pool, getting in, and getting all the floats on, as a part of the 50 min time.

I thought it was hypocritical that they call themselves a "green/ environmentally friendly" resort, but they insisted that I print out the Groupon, even though I had it on my iphone. Also, it's not very green to have to drive 30 mins to get a massage, when there are plenty of places 5-10 mins drive in town.

I wouldn't recommend the day spa package for $195 to anyone. They say "activities" are included, but their list of activities is a joke. On the weekends, they have a very trim list. The yoga was lame. I wasn't looking for a workout, but it started late and finished early - there may have been 40 mins of very basic yoga.

The women's lockers were small. The lockers and showers in my gym are so much larger than the ones in this luxury day spa. Another reason to take as little as possible with you is that the spa is a good walk away from the parking area.

The negative edge pool and the overlooking view out to Lake Travis is probably the best part about the spa and the only thing worth going all the way for. However, that is not enough to make me go back. I can get better services in town for much less $$.

1  Thank srg7608

Reviewed June 12, 2010

I tried on 2 ocassions to book spa services for my daughter and myself. I kept getting a voice mail, left a message, and no one called me back. So I called the next day- same thing- no one answered! When someone finally called me back five hours later, the time slots I wanted were filled. She said they have to call and ask if a massage therapist can come in. Its like they arent fully staffed. I gave up and decided to go elsewhere- this kind of "service" is ridiculous.

1  Thank txartlover