Hyatt Regency Austin(Austin)(Great Value!)
$169
Hyatt.com
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $210/night.

Austin Motel(Austin)(Great Value!)
$150
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $172/night.

The Driskill(Austin)
$172
$159
Savings alert! 41% below average rates

The price you found is 41% lower than this hotel's average rate of $270/night.

$170
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $196/night.

InterContinental Stephen F. Austin(Austin)(Great Value!)
$144
InterContinental
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of $199/night.

Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel(Austin)(Great Value!)
$144
$115
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $137/night.

Wyndham Garden Austin(Austin)(Great Value!)
$95
$76
Omni Austin Southpark(Austin)(Great Value!)
$150
$130
  • Pool
Omni Austin Hotel Downtown(Austin)(Great Value!)
$232
$193
Priceline
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $224/night.

Renaissance Austin Hotel(Austin)(Great Value!)
$139
$135
Priceline
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $169/night.

All reviewssmoking floorfront deskroom was cleanhear everythingnon smokingratesstove
Reviewed July 29, 2017

Well....the hotel is clean; the staff are VERY pleasant (really nice and competent people); and the rates are low - about $60 a night. And if that is all you are looking for this place will be fine. That's why I gave it two stars and not one. But for an extended stay? OMG is all I can say. You'd go nuts.

It's a roof for the night (and has decent Internet) BUT it's not a pleasant place to stay. Here are a few reasons, at least in my mind:

1) I am convinced the rooms and amenities were designed by people that have NEVER stayed in them. They may look good to accountants, but not to guests. For example, there is no reading light next to the bed. Who in the world does that? There is a light switch next to the bed that turns on a very bright spotlight on the ceiling that shines directly in your eyes - impossible to read by it. How much could it possibly have cost to put in a simple reading light? I went to Walmart and bought one for a few bucks just so I could read at night. Another example - there are two very small, thin towels in the bathroom. I know the hotel is cheap, but a little bit thicker gauge would have helped considerably.

2) There are NO comfortable chairs in the room. Two hard seats (similar to what you would find in McDonald's) but no place else to sit. Very uncomfortable room with no place to relax and no place to read.

3) The room is STARK. Small, dull and depressing. I know taste is subjective, but there was no thought put into this room to make it the least bit pleasant.

4) The amenities - one bar of soap. That's it. I promise. No plates, pots, pans, spoons, coffee makers, cups, shampoo, etc in the room. I guess you can buy them from the front desk....but they sure don't come with the room. If you stay here, bring your own.

Anyhow, I wouldn't say don't stay here. It's not for me - but if all you want is a roof and nothing more. You got it and you got it for a good price. But for a few bucks more you could do better. Last time I stayed in Austin I stayed at Extended Stay America. FAR better. About the same price but much bigger room (about 400 square feet there versus about 180 square feet at this one). Had a sofa. Had a reading light. Had three towels. Had shampoo. Had free coffee. Had an exercise room. Just a better deal and much more enjoyable to stay there. That's where I'll stay next time. :)

Thanks!

Room Tip: The hotel is off the highway. All rooms are about the same.
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank Shanghai_Traveller1
Management response:Responded July 31, 2017

Thank you for your review. As we move forward we look to continue to serve our guest in new manners, and your suggestions are appreciated. Safe travels in the future. Vanessa Gomez-WoodSpring Suites, General Manager

Reviewed July 21, 2017 via mobile

Has great customer service and great pay rates rooms are very spacious.Also the guests are very friendly.Ive been to many hotels and no other hotels are as good or fair as this hotel.Also I love that there are so many good food restaurants nearby.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 24, 2017

Thank you for the moment it took giving us this review. We strive for excellence daily and it has shown with you. Our guests give us the passion to succeed further in customer service. We look forward continuing with you and each guest moving forward.

Reviewed May 26, 2017 via mobile

My overall experience was good.
The room was clean and I had unlimited access to all the amenities listed for the guest.
The staff was helpful and courteous.
I have no negative comments.
I felt well taken care of, the price for my stay was affordable.
Check them out.

Stayed: May 2017, traveled on business
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Austin Aquarium, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2017

Thank you for the review. We are pleased that your stay with us was enjoyable. We hope to have the chance to serve you again soon.

Reviewed May 23, 2017

Booked through woodspring.com, which does not give you an option for smoking vs. non-smoking. I was on a smoking floor, and while the hallway stunk, the room absolutely reeked. When I got back home, all of my clothes smelled like a casino barstool seat cushion. The stink permeated everything. Other than that, I don't really have any complaints. I had read reviews on here before I went, so I knew to bring my own shampoo, conditioner, coffee, hair dryer, etc. The kitchen floor was sticky and the sink dripped; also, the toilet kept cutting off and on. Also, the bed was broken on one side, so it leaned. The other half of the bed was okay. Luckily, I was the only one sleeping there, so I could stay on one side of the bed. I was at the end of the hall, so it was relatively quiet. I would recommend that location if you can get it. I could easily hear conversations from the rooms as I walked down the hall, so I think it could be quite noisy. I would have reported some of the issues when I left, but there was no one at the counter and it was locked down. Definitely not ideal or even good, and overpriced, at least for the weekend that I was there, but it served its purpose. I would not stay there again if I could help it.

Room Tip: Stay at the end of the hall. Call to request non-smoking, as that option is not available on their website.
  • Stayed: May 2017, traveled with family
Management response:Responded May 25, 2017

Thank you for taking a moment review the property. Your details are appreciated and I would love to discuss the topics further in conversation. Please feel free to reach me upon your best time fit. We strive for excellence and would love to gain your confidence in WoodSpring Suites. --Vanessa Gomez, GM

Reviewed April 4, 2017 via mobile

I am very pleased with this property. The location is fantastic, close to everything we needed to get going with a long term stay. The rates are very reasonable, and booking in advance saves even more.
The accommodations are clean and comfortable and the staff is very helpful over the phone and in person.
I spoke with Nicole multiple times before arriving. She had answers to all my questions and sounded cheerful and welcoming.
I am very pleased and recommended this hotel and location.

Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded April 5, 2017

Thank you for expressing your experience with our hotel. We work hard ensuring each guest is provided with a memorable stay. I and the team look forward to providing you with continued "welcoming" service.