“OUTSTANDING !!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Value Place Austin, Texas (Northwest)

Value Place Austin, Texas (Northwest)
Ranked #120 of 198 Hotels in Austin
Lapeer, Michigan
“OUTSTANDING !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

We stayed for almost 3 weeks and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. It is a good location with many stores and restaurants within a short distance. The facilities are immaculately clean and there is real attention to cleanliness and security. I would solidly recommend this hotel to anyone needing an extended stay. We plan to return.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
LIPVP, Guest Relations Manager at Value Place Austin, Texas (Northwest), responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
We would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write your review. It is our gal everyday to have a clean and safe environment for our guest. I am most happy that we have been able to meet and exceed your expectations. We do hope that if you are in need of extended stay again that we will be your choice hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

From the outside the place looks nice. The room was clean. The price is reasonable. My husband relocated to Austin for a job and chose this place because it was close to work. The first day we checked in you could here the people upstairs walking. I can understand hearing noise here and there but my goodness it was beyond bearable. We heard a thump every 10 seconds along with someone running. We call the front desk and the lady went to the room but the noise continued. Apparently the people had kids. There is constant noise whether its a kid running, a loud thump or yelling. We will not be staying here anymore.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
LIPVP, Guest Relations Manager at Value Place Austin, Texas (Northwest), responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
I would like to thank you for your feedback on the hotel. We do apologize that noise was an issue during your stay. I am glad to hear that you found the property to be clean, safe, and the staff to be helpful. Unfortunatetly there are times when for one reason or another we do not meet your expectations. We use all comments and feedback as additional training tools for our staff...so we thank you again for your comments. I do hope that when in the area again....or other Value Place areas that you will give us another try. Thanks again
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Room was very clean, safe location. Small but still a great value for the whole week stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Earth, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

$30 to replace a pillowcase. YIKES! Had I known, I would have gone to Wal-Mart and bought one to replace the one that got messed up. Ridiculous! Especially when they buy them in bulk at a reduced rate.

Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank TravelBug70x7
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

My family and I checked in a few weeks ago and we were able to get the room we requested and they kept the promise of clean and safe. The secured bldg made it easyer for us not to worie about the weather or anything else. The room was very clean and the people were freindly. Our room was about 35.00 a night and we did not expect too many frills. It was perfect for our vacation and we will be back. I did look at other options but you cant beat the price for what you get.

Room Tip: Get the one with the couch
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
LIPgdyer, Guest Relations Manager at Value Place Austin, Texas (Northwest), responded to this review, December 1, 2011
Dear Value Place Guest,

Thank you for posting a review of your experience at our property. Your feedback is very much appreciated, and I assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.

Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!

Value Place Management
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

I stayed in value place for 3weeks but I found the front desk don't care for complains they have a policy of room cleaning after 2 weeks I called three days asking about it but they keep telling me the house keeper will do today but that day did not come.I experienced "BUG BITE" at nights I complained at front desk she sent some maintenance person he tried to find at edges of room as could not find he told me there is no bed bug I tried to sleep again but could not by getting bites every nights and after 3 days of 3rd week when I found "BED BUG" I told front desk taking the evidence of dead bed bug on hand.They checked the room as same way as they did before as they could not find and they blamed us that we have bugs with us asked us to check out the as soon as possible it was really a very shocking action taken by the management it was extremely bad action and not the real solution of the problem we were sure we don't have bed bugs with us but they did not listen to us and also till the end of the week we did not get house keeping service they told that was the policy and blamed us.
I can never believe that can be the motel policy that if you get bug bite means u r out of the motel.......It was bad experience we are on business purpose in Austin never expected this behaviour from Value Place.

Never want to step in again ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank hardik P
Appleton, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

I stayed at this establishment for a month (late August til late September). It was bare bones to say the least. Walls are paper thin and the check in person told me that up front as I was checking in (not my choice of hotel, but placed here due to budget restraints of clients who booked me here). The room had a musty odor which I helped eliminate by spraying the A/C unit with Lysol and adding some room fresheners. The refrigerator was clean as were the bathroom fixtures. The carpet was dirty as was evidenced by the socks that I only wore when in the room...clean carpets and floors do not produce dirty socks. The microwave was burnt inside...discolored. The beds are not comfortable and the sheets were cheap and very pilled, which I remedied with a set of inexpensive sheets from WalMart ($25). The towels were ok, but once they took the washcloths, I never got another set. I decided to purchase a small vacuum instead of waiting for the undisclosed cleaning date every 2 weeks. Let's just say my vacuum picked up quite a bit of dirt. There were loud families and other guests in the hotel, as well as people on business trips, and a few retired traveling couples. There were also a number of people on assistance of some sort that were staying at the hotel, meaning it was their home. There were sleezy looking men staying there that made me feel uncomfortable if I ended up in the elevator with one of them. One night we were evacuated at 1 am due to a GREASE FIRE in a room on the 3rd floor. The district manager and a few employees were helpful but the front desk person was more than a bit edgy. After an hour or two of chaos, we were finally assembled and the process of finding us a place to stay for the night began. People had to wait to go back inside escorted to gather up essentials...think diapers for baby, cell phones, computers, medical supplies, etc. I was in my replacement room in another establishment at 5 am. We were told to come back in the morning, they would know if we could return to our rooms or not by 11 am...if the room would be safe. I was allowed back in my room, and was told there was no damage on the second floor. Beginning a few days later and lasting about a week, the first and second floor hallways were filled with removed carpet, holes drilled in the walls, removed ceiling tiles, large dehumidifiers, and industrial strength fans. I had a cord strung on the floor across my doorway (nice trip hazard). There were signs posted everywhere telling the guests to not leave cooking foods unattended. Cannot say I was comfortable with any of this, but refunds are not offered at Value Place. The laundry room is small, but the machines were nice. The vending area is only on the first floor and is very limited. I would not recommend staying here for any length of time, under any circumstances.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
LIPgdyer, Public Relations Manager at Value Place Austin, Texas (Northwest), responded to this review, October 25, 2011
We appreciate all guest feedback at Value Place. Late in the evening on September 7, 2011 there was a minor fire that was contained to one guest room on the third floor. Guest safety is the highest Value Place priority, and the sprinkler system was immediately activated. Value Place protocol was followed precisely to evacuate the property, access the situation, and work with the local Fire Department officials. There was no reported harm to guests.

Management moved quickly and placed all guests in local hotels overnight handling all room costs. The property manager worked with guests to retrieve necessary belongings from their studios before moving their lodging accommodations for the remainder of the evening. The majority of guests were allowed back into the property the next day.

The pictures submitted by the guests on this page illustrate our precise cleanup procedures, such as heaters and blowers for water damage – and do not accurately reflect the appearance of the property on a typical day. Value Place is proud of our property team’s fast response and adherence to our high level of safety standards that evening. These pictures show that no matter the circumstance, Value Place will always aim to be the affordable, cleaner, safer, flexible and simple lodging choice for our valued guests

Value Place Management