“Unique Eatery”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Houston, Texas
“Unique Eatery”
Reviewed August 21, 2014

Great farm-to-table eatery with unique seasonal fare! We had the French-fried pork chops and lamb meatloaf. We shared an apple caramel cobbler for dessert. It seemed to be a trendy and fun spot and we enjoyed it.

Visited August 2014

“Wow! Wow!”
Reviewed August 20, 2014

Chorizo stuffed pork was INCREDIBLE!!! It was so filling but I wanted to keep eating! My mom got a turkey burger that was equally amazing! You have to eat here. I wished I lived closer, cause I would be here once a week!

• Visited August 2014
Austin, Texas
“Finger Lickin AWESOME”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

It is hard to find a reason NOT to go to Jack Allen's. Their drinks are good and strong, the food is homestyle with a flare of the fancy and the staff has always been pleasant and helpful.
My personal favorite is the all you can stomach brunch on the weekends. I find myself overwhelmed with all the delicious choices. Don't miss the scrambled eggs with tamale chunks... ummmm chunks!
If you want well made, local food and a reasonable price go to Jack Allen's.

• Visited December 2013
Driftwood, Texas
“Never Fails to Impress”
Reviewed August 12, 2014

No matter what I order from this restaurant I feel I consistently get fresh, delicious and well prepared food. Their menu items are unique, today I had the ruby red trout. I don't care for rice
So I asked to substitute mashed potatoes. No problem, they didn't even hesitate and those were about the best mashed potatoes I ever had. Two pet peeves I have about restaurants is having music so loud its painful to try and talk to someone at your table and the air not turned down to a comfortable level in Texas in August. This place is always nice and cool which is a welcome relief
When its sweltering outside and the music is in the background, not so loud you can hear your dinner guests talk.

• Visited August 2014
“Anniversary Getaway ”
Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I came here for lunch before heading back home. We tried the Killer Cheese Burger and the 5 Cheese macaroni with chicken....I have to say they were awesome. Great environment.....

Been to Jack Allen's Kitchen? Share your experiences!