“Great place consistent quality”

Jack Allen's Kitchen
Ranked #13 of 3,727 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Austin, Texas, USA
“Great place consistent quality”
Reviewed July 29, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Great selection of items, even something for the vegans in the party. Solid attentive service and willing to make changes to your order to accomodate special needs

Visited July 2014

Traverse City, Michigan
“Great place for a graduation party and our server was the best”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Little brother graduated from University of Texas at Austin and we had to celebrate. He reserved a room that had a minimum guest count/bill total and we fell far short of that (dang flaky college kids). Still, they worked with us, suggesting things that would be enjoyed by our party and help us reach the minimum--- nothing was a waste. I had the jalapeno martini, even though I'm a wimp, and loved it. The tikka tacos were sublime and something I crave now that I'm a Michigander (note-- no decent tacos up here).
Our server may have been the best part, despite wonderful plates of food and drinks. He handled everyone very well and knew every ingredient to every dish as though he created them himself. Turns out, he used to be a cook there and may have, but the additional information was not lost on us.

• Visited August 2013
Kent, Washington
“Worth the drive”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Great restaurant and great food. They get busy on the weedends so go early if you can. Service was good and fast. Very scenic.

• Visited July 2014
Roswell, Georgia, USA
“Jack Allen's Kitchen, Austin, TX. - 2nd Visit”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

A business associate and I visited Jack Allen's Kitchen in May, 2012. We had a customer visit at a semicoductor manufacturer, not far away. It was personnel at this facility who recommended Jack Allen's to us. Being from Atlanta, I loved the food selelction and atmosphere. I had the chicken fired chicken then and tried it again, July 2, 2014. Just as good the second time. Crust was crisp, but not overpowering. I did not really care for the jalapeno fused gravy for the chicken. The pimento cheese and cracker appetizer is great. Homemade pimento cheese ! Hard to find that today.

The same business associate from 2 1/2 years earlier was meeting me in Austin. I went for a late lunch, after my flight arrived. Their flight was delayed from Detroit. We were to have dinner with customers joining us,but their flight was late. My associate was very upset I went to Jack Allen's Ktichen without him. I would be as well.

They hire younger personnel, it appears from UT. So looks like they are helping with their financial educate needs. Good for them.

If we get back to Austin, we will stop at J. A. Kitchen again.

• Visited July 2014
Carthage, Missouri
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrific!”
Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

All around just a great restaurant!
Dined outside on the covered patio as it rained! Fried Green Tomato Sliders are a must! Great Happy Hour for Apps & Drinks! A great value as well!

1 Thank Lffreeman F

Been to Jack Allen's Kitchen? Share your experiences!