“Wonderful brunch”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We are in from Chicago and took the family for brunch. We had a great granite table, on the heated back patio, overlooking the creek. The buffet selection was terrific. the staff could have been more accommodating. We are very happy with our selection. Thanks

2  Thank Mark F

Reviewed January 25, 2014

The title pretty much sums it up. Everything we ordered was good, especially the queso. The chicken fried beef rib was obscenely good - you could feel your arteries hardening. The service was fine. The prices reflect an excellent value for the money. The only negative was that you had to shout to talk to the person on the other side of the table. The price of success, I guess.

1  Thank 2cool4theroom
Reviewed January 22, 2014

With several of our key customers' offices have now relocated and settled in the Oak Hills area, we find this restaurant to be a great place to bring them over for a business dinner.

It is a very modern take on classic Texan cooking, and most everything is delicious. Special mention of the 'Chicken Fried' list on the menu. Several favorites are available in the Texas special 'Chicken Fried' style, although I liked their fish entrees much more. I have chosen the trout several times now, and each time it was great. The fish itself has a slight pink hue, causing many to observe that it seems like a salmon entree. The rice pilaf and sauteed spinach that come with it are also perfectly cooked, and complement the trout very nicely.

Some of the wines on their list seem a bit pricy, but overall their wine list is quite good.

The one point I want to make is if you wish to hold some important conversations over dinner, then please choose a table along the farther back side of the restaurant. If you are seated in the left of midpoint of this restaurant, it gets very noisy and it is difficult to hear your colleagues.

1  Thank S K
Reviewed January 16, 2014

This place is amazing.. like AMAZING! Everything I have ever eaten here has been exceptional, way better than it even sounded on their menu.. which is just dish after dish of awesome-sounding options. I had the pork tenderloin medallions the first time I ever went here, and it remains my favorite item on the menu. Their cocktails are great too, as are the prices, you just can't beat Jack Allen's.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

Our business partners hosted our dinner at Jack Allen's and it was a treat. Reservations were essential. Inside was trendy and you knew you were in a better than average place. I felt our waiter had a bit of an attitude at first, like he wanted us to know we were in an upscale place. That improved after awhile, maybe after we had a few drinks. The Mexican martini was served with flair - it was average. I had their salad with chicken and it was outstanding. Others had the fish tacos which are apparently one of their signature dishes and one person had a big ole steak! So there is something for everyone. Everyone enjoyed their meal and we shared several luscious desserts - they were great about giving us our own plate and cutlery so we could share appropriately.