“A must eat in Austin”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We were looking for a good restaurant that was not on crowded S. Congress street and Jack Allen's came up. We tried it and were pleasantly surprised with the upscale decor, decent prices and excellent food and service. I had the chorizo stuffed pork medallions that was excellent and our entire family of 5 thought this place is one of the best we have visited. Also, Jack Allen's uses mostly local food items (produce, meat etc...).

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I've eaten at Jacks many times over the past ~three years it being the best choice near to where I live. I think it is time to freshen up the menu. Locals are the bread and butter for this place and we like to go out for something different than the X number of things we cooke well at home. Eating at Jacks for many is an extension of home for a change of pace but after trying much of the menu more than once, it's become a bit of the same old thing.
They normally execute well and the service is always good, butthey need to rotate in some new every day selections on the menu.

1  Thank robg9000
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We loved everything about this restaurant. The decor is very sophisticated yet casual. The outside area is very inviting- it's covered with misters.
The food was delicious. The soup of the day was phenomenal. It was drunken bean (pinto) with jalapeño sausage. I asked the waiter if he could get me the recipe and he came out with the list of ingredients. A very nice gesture. Speaking of our waiter, the service was top notch our entire evening...from the hostess to the bartender to the water glass filler.
Everyone in our party said they would come back again.
Well done Jack!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We just heard about Jack Allen's from a friend and decided to try it the next day. We sent for lunch and tried several different appetizers and entrees. They were all exceptionally good. The pimento cheese, crab and artichoke dip and the guacamole were great. The entrees and the dessert were also great. We went back later that week for Sunday brunch. It also was good.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

I have been eating at Jack Allens ever since they first opened. This place always has spectacular food and the service is always outstanding. I got to sit at the bar and watch all of the food and servers come out of the kitchen. The bartender at the bar was one of the best food service professionals I have ever had. That pimento cheese they serve as a taster is soooooo good. Keep up the good work and I'll keep sending my peeps to you!

Been to Jack Allen's Kitchen? Share your experiences!