“Great location”

Microtel Inn and Suites by Wyndham Austin Airport
Ranked #99 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Easy access to the airport, very convenient with a Starbucks and Denny's near for a quick snack. Very modern and clean rooms.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Andres L, General Manager at Microtel Inn and Suites by Wyndham Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

The Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham- Austin Airport would like to thank you for the 5- Star Review!

We enjoy hearing feedback from all of our guests and appreciate you staying with us!

Reviewed March 3, 2014

I stayed one night in mid February 2014 and was especially pleased by the customer service and friendliness of the staff. I had to alter my flight plans to arrive to Austin a day early (to avoid a massive snow storm on the East coast). My plane to Austin was initially cancelled and when I informed the front desk I had to cancel my stay- they were friendly and did not charge me for a last minute cancellation. At the last minute, a new flight opened up that I could take that night, meaning I had to call back hours later to ask for my reservation back at the same discounted rate. They happily obliged. I arrived around 10pm at night and waited just a few minutes for a courtesy shuttle to arrive (though the van is in pretty rough shape- doors stick or don't open and it's old). The driver was friendly and even insisted on driving me to one of the only open restaurants past 10pm in the area (Denny's). The front desk and driver went out of their way to accommodate. The rooms are clean and newly updated. The bed was comfortable. My only complaint would be how paper thin the walls are in each room. You can hear everything going on in the rooms adjacent to, above, below and down the hall from you. For a budget hotel near the Austin airport- I would definitely consider visiting again in the future.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

We are happy to hear that you were able to make a reservation, after your initial cancellation and that you were pleased with our staff's customer service and the property itself. You'll be happy to know we are looking at options for a new Airport Shuttle, hopefully the next time you visit Austin, TX we will have the current vehicle replaced!

We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed February 27, 2014

We picked this place based on the price, and we're so glad we did!
The original plan was to stay at a downtown hotel and do most sightseeing on foot or bus. But the downtown hotels were SO expensive, and a lot of what we wanted to see was kind of spread out. We decided to stay at Microtel and use some of the extra money on a rental car which was totally the right decision for us. We are SO glad we didn't stay downtown.
This Microtel is located near a few other hotels, and it's within walking distance of a Starbucks (important to us!), and a couple other fast food places. It's right off the freeway and took us 5-10 minutes to get to downtown Austin. Just a couple turns. Proximity to the airport could not be beat, though it was not so close we heard planes all night.
The staff was terrific. Did not encounter anyone we were not impressed by. They all went over and above.
Breakfast was good, typical continental breakfast.
Rooms are small but enough room for what you need. EVERYTHING is clean and modern.
Only one downside - the pool is the tiniest hotel pool I've ever seen. Like, as small as a hot tub. BUT, we didn't swim while we were there so it wasn't a big deal, plus I have a feeling if it was summer in Texas I wouldn't care WHAT I was swimming in as long as it was cooler than the air! :-)
Thank you, Microtel, for such a great stay!

Room Tip: We stayed on 3rd floor, parking lot side, but I don't think it matters!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Andres L, General Manager at Microtel Inn and Suites by Wyndham Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

The Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham- Austin Airport, would like to thank you for the 5-Star review!

We always love to hear feedback from our guests and if there is anything else we can do to improve your stay, please let us know!

We look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit Austin, TX!

Reviewed February 16, 2014

My flight was cancelled and didn't want to sleep in the airport. My daughter found me this place based on: I wanted something for one night,a shuttle to the airport,not expensive,thank you Nic.She found this place I never heard of for$79.Only two stars ,but it's only one night. Salvador picked me up at the airport and what a great Guy.Alexis at the front desk was great."No problem,we will take care of you", sounded so sincere .Salvador made sure I got what I needed.He helped me find a place to eat and made sure I got there and back.The manager ,Andreas,came over and made me feel welcome. Two Stars? My room /bathroom was great!Very clean and quite cozy. A true flat screen TV,with,yes,WIFI in the room,elevator. What more do you want. I needed a 5 am shuttle to the airport,the manager drove me!
This hotel was a steal. I would recommend it highly to anyone who wants to truly feel they're getting their money's worth. A two star hotel with 5 star service

Room Tip: Just ask for Salvador. I was on the 3 rd floor and it was fine.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Montel38
Andres L, General Manager at Microtel Inn and Suites by Wyndham Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

The Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham- Austin Airport would like to thank you for the 5-star Review!

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us, even though it was unexpected! We enjoyed having you at our property and very much look forward to visiting with you next time you visit Austin, TX!

Reviewed February 4, 2014

I arrived for a two night stay, but had made the reservations for each night separately, so I made sure when I checked in that the room I was given would be available for two nights, so I wouldn't have to change rooms. I was given a room on the second floor, but when I went to key it open, the key wouldn't work. So, I went back down and informed the front desk of the error, they reset the key and I went back up to the room. The key worked this time, BUT the room was occupied! I never saw the owner of the feet that were visible from the doorway and I am so glad. Back down to the front desk where they brushed it off as an "error" and gave me a new room number and key. I asked for some sort of discount since I considered this a major error on their part and the General Manager on duty, Andres Lopez-Marquez, said that I would receive a $20 dollar discount per night. I asked for verification of this and he said that he had just watched the clerk make the changes and, since I had also seen the clerk enter something into the computer, I assumed the changes had been made. I went up to my new room and started to get settled for the evening, but soon realized that the heat in the room didn't work. I contacted the front desk and the clerk came up to the room to "reset" the heater, but was unable to get it to work. At this point, I was upgraded to a suite by the clerk. On the morning of my departure, I asked for a print out of my receipt and was told (by a new clerk) that since I had booked through a third party vendor, my payments would be reflected on my credit card statement. I then said that I had been told by the general manager that I would be given a $20 discount per night. The clerk then informed that the general manager was "new" and didn't understand the booking system and I wouldn't be receiving any discount. Needless to say, I won't be staying at this hotel ever again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Yuri A, General Manager at Microtel Inn and Suites by Wyndham Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Good Morning Ann,

I wanted to take a moment and personally apologize for the chaotic disorganization during your stay with us. This is not the standard we strive for at our property and we clearly failed you in every regard during your stay. As the General Manager I take full responsibility for the performance of our property and I just wanted to extend a sincere apology on our behalf.

If you ever make it back to Austin, TX from Alaska, we would love the opportunity to prove to you what we are capable of and the hospitality you should have received your first time visiting us.

Warm Regards,

Andres Lopez-Marquez

Reviewed February 3, 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Yuri A, General Manager at Microtel Inn and Suites by Wyndham Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Reviewed January 30, 2014

Our first try with Microtel. The rooms are a bit smaller than others but, clean and fresh with nice bath. Breakfast was full and hand cooked. Staff was welcoming. The shuttle driver could use some communication skills training.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Yuri A, General Manager at Microtel Inn and Suites by Wyndham Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Good Afternoon Grayson!

The Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham- Austin Airport would like to thank you for the 5 star review!

We are thrilled that you enjoyed our comfortable rooms and found our breakfast satisfying! We will take into consideration your suggestion for our shuttle driver and work on communication skills at the property level.

We look forward to visiting with you on your next trip to Austin, TX!