“A Short Restful Night”

Ranked #89 of 202 Hotels in Austin
Mazatlan
“A Short Restful Night”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Was a later arrival and an early morning departure. Check in went smoothly, internet service was accessed to communicate my arrival. Had a restful sleep period. The breakfast was sufficient and the airport shuttle operated on time with efficiency.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

1 Thank Louis M R
microtelaustin, Guest Relations Manager at Microtel Inn and Suites by Wyndham Austin Airport, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
We are very pleased to hear you had a great stay. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Korean first
Crowley
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I visited Austin for a concert. I felt that the price was very reasonable and the location was close to the concert venue (Circuit of the Americas). My only problem was the cab services. We got a cab out to the venue without any problem BUT IT TOOK OVER 2 HOURS TO GET ONE TO COME BACK AND GET US. Not the hotels fault but would not pick this hotel if planning on using cab service. To far to walk and they won't come get you.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

I'm very sorry you had a negative experience with the local taxi services, the races are a high volume pick up and drop off. I do hope that you will not take there negligence into account when choosing our hotel in the future. We appreciated the feedback concerning the taxi companies. And again hope that you will change your mind about staying with us in the future.
Tyler, Texas
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I booked this inexpensive motel not expecting too terribly much as I was only in town one night for a concert. I arrived at 3 pm (check in time) prompt and was upgraded to a suite at no charge, just because. I was very impressed at the cleanliness and comfort of the room. Every member of the staff I spoke with was helpful and very polite. For the price, it just doesn't get any better than this. I WILL BE BACK!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jonathanbarber
We are so glad to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us, and that our staff was fast and efficient. We hope you stay with us on your next visit to the Austin area.
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed May 5, 2013

This is not my usual hotel brand, but I chose it because of the convenient location to a meeting I had the next morning. I was so impressed with the stay. I knew that I would be flying in late at night, so I communicated that to the staff in advance. The general manager replied to my e-mail personally and promptly. The clerk on duty upon my arrival made check-in simple and hassle-free. My flight was late, so I did not arrive until well after midnight. I was tired after almost 24 hours of traveling, so the quick check-in was much appreciated. The room was new and well-appointed, and the bed was extremely comfortable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MarcInSA
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I just completed a 2 night stay at the Microtel near Austin Airport. The hotel is literally 5 minutes drive from the airport, and also offers complimentary shuttle service hourly from 6am-10pm. The hotel appears to be reasonably new, and the rooms and hallways are clean. Standard fare complimentary breakfast is provided (Bagels, bread, eggs, etc.). Free high-speed wireless internet is also included, and connection speeds are fast. For a budget airport hotel, this was a very good experience across the board. The rooms and bathrooms were clean with decent towels and soap / shampoo. Coffee is provided in-room and there is also coffee in the lobby.

Overall, a very good hotel for the price; certainly not fancy, but great for transiting or late/early flights.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
We are so glad to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us, we hope you stay with us on your next visit to the Austin area.