“Asian food?”

Mama Fu's Asian House - Triangle
Ranked #1,199 of 3,971 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Japanese, Thai
Reviewed August 30, 2012

My husband and I ended up here after finding out the Thai restaurant we really wanted to go to wasn't open. Since we don't live in Austin we had no clue where to go so just stopped at the next restaurant down the street.
It looked good, smelled good in there, and the prices were fine. However the food was NOT good. We should've suspected something since there was no one else there. Since we were in a Thai mood we went for some soup and the red and green curries. It was weird, the veggies were really fresh and crisp and the rice was fine in the curries, but everything else surrounding it was terrible. Mainly they were nowhere near what real red or green curries are. Coconut milk? Any sauce at all? The overwhelming flavor on my green curry was salt. I ate a few pieces of the mealy meat and a lot of the veggies but I just could not stomach anything more. The soup was horrible. My husband's red curry was apparently tainted because he had an upset stomach the next day.
We later found out that this is a chain and we tend to stay away from these as the food is always inferior. Well, lesson learned. Never again.

1  Thank goddess0063

Reviewed August 30, 2012

My Wife and I felt like Thai food, ordered soups and Thai Red and Green Curries...NOT EVEN CLOSE!! We received our soup within two mins of ordering and our entrees arrived three minutes after this!! I consider myself "well-versed" in Thai cuisine an this was the WORST attempt We have EVER tasted!! Also, following day my stomach was not good at-all!!

Reviewed January 15, 2012

Recently tried their new Pho dish. If you are expecting a traditional Pho, don't go here. What I had was definitely not traditional. The beef broth was darker. The beef slices were thicker. My Pho came with lots of chopped green onions, basil and parsley on top, garnished with slices of red hot peppers. Presentation wise it was very pretty and fresh. I have had dishes here that looked appealing but the taste was nowhere near how it looked. This time, my Pho was actually quite tasty. This dish was better than their other dishes I had here before.

I would order it the next time my kids drag me here again.