“average, but with nice atmosphere and decor”
Review of Garrido's - CLOSED

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 3rd
Description: Inspired by authentic Mexican recipes from the kitchen of Chef Garrido’s grandmother. We've infused contemporary flavors from some of the world's finest cuisines to create an original menu. Striving to bring modern Mexican cooking to the forefront of Austin's dining scene, Garrido's uses seasonal, fresh, local, and organic ingredients and serves small plates allowing our guests to design their dining experience and combine their favorite flavors.
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Liked the interior and the exterior shaded patio, really great lighting & atmosphere, helpful and pleasant server. Would be great for a date or friends who'd like to talk and linger. The food is so-so, though. The Paloma cocktail was small for the price and I honestly could not discern the tequila at all. Although the tortillas are made there, they don't have the crumbly, roasty flavor of most homemade tortillas. Fillings (I had snapper & oyster) were delicious, but there was no heat, and when I asked for the hottest sauce available, it was a too-sweet ketchupy-carroty pureed thing that wasn't hot at all. I was longing for a good spicy salsa. The rice was bland (needs lime, cumin, corriander, garlic), and the black beans were so bland that I didn't bother to eat them. They too needed some spark--onions, garlic, seasoning, lime juice, some sort of zip. So, a nice place to go, but if you like to cook, you can do just as well yourself--probably better.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

Our hotel recommended this resturant what a find. Since it was our first visit they offred us a free appetizer wow try the the lamb pops. The tacos were awesome the flavors were awesome! Had great live music !

Reviewed June 27, 2012

Restaurant was nicely decorated and included a wonderful patio! Pulled pork with pumpkin seeds, watermelon, and sweet chipotle sauce appetizers were excellent. Girlfriend had chicken enchiladas, I had the tacos. (tried 3 different kinds) All the food was amazing! Highly recommended!!

Reviewed June 17, 2012

What a great place in downtown Austin on Nueces near 2nd (near the Austin Ballet). It overlooks Shoal Creek from the patio and I loved it. Thought I was in tropical Mexico but much cooler. Very nice patio with fans and misters. Food was wonderful - we had come on a Travelzoo offer. We both had different kinds of fish tacos (specialty fish tacos) with lamb chops as a starter and a wonderful honey creme brulee as a finisher. My husband had a perfectly seasoned bloody mary to celebrate Father's Day! We loved it and will come back. Waitress was awesome, knowledgable and helpful. Meal was perfect in every way. Thank you for offering this travelzoo so we could find this place. Others definitely had found it too. Very nice upscale eatery.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

My favorite place in Austin I travel every week and eat out many places but I look forward to returning home and going to Garrido's and drinking excellent Margaritas and eating worlds best taco's