“Great hotel for business and pleasure.”

The Westin Austin at The Domain
Ranked #31 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Edmonton
“Great hotel for business and pleasure.”
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for one night and had an excellent experience. We got a great deal booking over the phone - a great rate, free breakfast, free wifi, free water in the room. Parking is very convenient for bringing luggage in. Pool area is good with plenty of seating and lots of towels available. Front desk was very helpful with hotel info for the next leg of our trip and with fixing a billing error at checkout time. It was lovely to be within easy walking distance of shops and restaurants at The Domain.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
David G, General Manager at The Westin Austin at The Domain, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Lew44,
Thank you for staying with us at The Westin. I appreciate your review and the detail you've shared. We look forward to seeing you again.
Dave

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
  • Slovak first
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Very clean, staff friendly and helpful. We only live a shirt distance away but choose this as our quick vacation getaway. Love the location to shops and theatre close by. Prices are really good as well

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Lovetennis71,
Thank you for spending your "stay cation" with us. We look forward to seeing you again.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed July 11, 2014

I have lived in Austin (directly across the street from this hotel) for 24 years (before the hotel was built). I -as do many "locals"- often "hang-out" at the bar and/or spend a fews nights at the Westin Domain.
The bartenders and bar attendants are great, courteous, and pleasant; as is most if the staff; however, I had a horrible experience at the lobby bar this afternoon (this wasn't my first bad experience). Basically, while I was in the restroom, a "local" woman ((who knows (?) she was only interested in my clothes and my money)) stuffed my full split of Veuve Cliquot champagne ($50) in her purse. I caught her while coming out of the ladies' room. I complained to no avail, to the "highest" personnel I could find. I do not blame the great bartenders- they were very busy, and cameras are everywhere.
I received apologies here and there; however, after I chided this woman and complained to the staff, she proceeded to turn her back to me and "work" on her next potential "victim" - a gentleman of the approximate age of 75+...
She had a clear motive: "money," and she was determined to get it. I left the Westin with stolen champagne (she had guzzled a 1/2 bottle before pretending that I told her to take it!), several items missing from my purse; in addition, my most prized possession: Texan Pride (I do not think she is from here- she
knew nothing of the area). I had to follow up to SPG with two phone calls warning them if this woman. To my knowledge, no one bothered to remove her. I'm very disappointed.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank BadtzThePenguin
Dear Batz,
Nice seeing you again.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 9, 2014

This is a great hotel to stay at for business travel. I was here for a business trip and the room is nice, bright and had a lot of amenities. All the staff were extremely friendly. The room was pretty clean, plenty of USB, chargers, you could even hook up your laptop (HDMI) on the desk and port it out to the TV. It was a long day when I arrived and so I ordered lunch from the place on the first floor, just a sandwich and salad and it really hit the spot and was made really well. I ended up going out for dinner but when I got back I had some drinks. Unfortunately the waiter didn't know much about wines and stumbled when my co-worker was asking for a recommendation on wines and that did lose a sale on a bottle or two.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear MadPeanut
Thank you for your review and your step. I'm glad you found our service and accommodations aligned with your business needs. I am sorry we didn't show better with your wine needs. We will continue to Shawn our skills and knowledge to better serve this need.
Frisco, Texas
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

It was our 27th anniversary and they made it special with rose petals, champagne, and chocolate covered strawberries! Excellent North Austin location near The Domain which is very much like Fashion Island in the Newport Beach, CA. There was even a Microsoft and a Tesla store. Rooms were clean and up to date. Seems like a new hotel. We had the buffet breakfast which was very good.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear FriscoResident1997,
Congratulations on your 27th Anniversary!
We look forward to seeing you again soon.
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed July 3, 2014

My husband and I celebrated our 26th wedding anniversary last weekend and had the best time. We had champagne and chocolate covered strawberries in our room upon arrival! What a great surprise and we also were given a late check out! This place is amazing with top notch service. We will be returning soon.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Stacie P
Happy 26th Anniversary. We're proud you chose to spend such a special day at our hotel. We hope to see you again soon.
Temple, Texas
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We love this hotel for a get-a-way from our kids. =) Great customer service, great location, beautiful room, awesome bathroom. The linens are luxurious, the towels are very soft.

I will say that the views are less than stellar - parking lots or power station. But I figure that is the price that I get for being in a good location, close to so many things that we like to go and do.

Room Tip: I always ask for an upper room at the end of hallway to minimize noise.