“Excellent hotel”

The Westin Austin at The Domain
Ranked #42 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed February 28, 2014

My husband and I spent the weekend at this hotel and were delighted with it! It is a pretty new hotel and the decor is modern and very nice.

The staff were wonderful - friendly professional and eager to help. I liked the fact that as soon as you came into the lobby there was always someone there to say hello or welcome back.

The rooms were spacious and very well appointed. A nice touch that weekend was that internet access in our room was free - I think they should do that all the time - definitely a good customer service move!

The hotel has a shuttle to take you across the road to the Domain shopping center and wee used it several times - we would take the shuttle over and walk back.

I highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
David G, General Manager at The Westin Austin at The Domain, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2014

Dear Kbsmall,
Thank you for such a nice review. We love greeting our guest as they arrive and thanking them upon departure.
DO g

Reviewed February 25, 2014

I stayed last weekend in Austin with my husband and my dog and we choose this hotel because is pet friendly. We was surprise with the staff. I never found people like this. All time and every where the employees ask if can help and give the best. The restaurant is excellent and cozy. The room very clean same if we stay in "pet room" . The bed very confortable and the bathroom very very clean. I loved the check out by e mail. I want to comeback soon.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cargenty
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I'm not a regular traveler, however while in Austin for a conference, I was LUCKY enough to stay at The Westin Austin at The Domain. The staff was amazing, responsive, and attentive! You can tell so much about a company by the way they treat their staff, in my opinion, and each of the staff members that I came into contact with took extreme pride in their appearance and in their role! Everything was wonderful, comfortable, and each and every detail was attended to with care! Everyone that I saw checking in was offered a map of nearby attractions, and was handled with the highest level of respect-and this was with roughly 180 people there for a conference! I would be happy to recommend this hotel to a friend, and any time I plan on being in Austin, I'd be MORE than happy to stay here again!

Dear ElysseB,
Thank you for your review. Your words are kind and inspire us to keep it up.
We look forward to seeing you again.
DOG

Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

A loyal Starwood guest - this hotel is close to Westin quality by looks but not by smell. 3 weeks stay and they kept moving me from room to room since I complained about the smell. They said there was an issue - saw floor fans in the hallways. 6 months later, I've been here for an hour and the smell is worse - been here for an hour and my skin is itching. Smells like mold - think there is a health issue staying here. Called to front desk and they said they can't do anything until management gets in at 7am (flight arrived at midnight). Can't breath right now. Luckily, my Starwood ambassador moved me to a different hotel after an hour on the phone. My skin is itching like crazy. Never staying here again, think the issue is too deep to clean by room and if they haven't addresses the big issue over 6 months, don't have faith they ever will. Spans all floors, all rooms, it must be in the air ducts. A shame, hotel is nice otherwise.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank SilverPorsche00

Dear Silver Porsche00,
I apologize that we didn't do more to ensure your comfort while with us. Please allow me an opportunity to discuss how we can regain your trust.
Dave

Reviewed February 14, 2014

I stayed here one night while on business in Austin, TX.

The hotel was lovely--very nice, modern design, especially in the lobby. Room wasn't very fancy, but had a low-key elegance, with a nice working area, the (always great) Westin bed, and a roomy bathroom with walk-in shower. Internet was included in my particular rate and worked very quickly.

Check-in was welcoming and fast; check-out was the same.

Very nice fitness center.

Location was good--you're in suburban Austin, but the hotel is across the street from the Domain, an upscale shopping complex with several restaurants. I appreciated that I would walk across the street for dinner rather than having to drive.

Would happily stay again!

Reviewed February 13, 2014

Service: I haven't had service this attentive anywhere. All employees are smiling, helpful and asking to assist with anything and everything.
Property: Brand new hotel. Nice clean rooms, beautiful common areas
Location: North Austin in the middle of tons of shopping and a new Whole Foods. Walk to tons of great restaurants.
Breakfast: One of the best breakfast buffets I have ever had at a Westin. Beautifully arranged, fresh, tons of options, very attentive staff. Simply amazing. I hope they keep this up.

Room Tip: There really are no great views, but the side that faces Macy's is preferred I am told. Either...

DearRyanL99,
Thank you for your detailed review. I'm especially proud of your remarks regarding service and attentiveness.
We he to see you again,
DAve

Reviewed February 12, 2014

The staff here really go out of their way to great you, ask how you're doing, inquire if you need anything. They are very good.
Rooms are very clean and wll lit. None of the dim lights you find in other hotels.

Dear TJC22,
Thank you for your review. I appreciate your comments about our staff and service.
VR