“NICE HOTEL”

The Westin Austin at The Domain
Ranked #41 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I spent a weekend of Longhorn football at this hotel, located some 12 miles from downtown and from the University of Texas campus. It is located next to The Domain, a high-end shopping and entertainment center in Austin's quiet Northwest. Rates were reasonable when compared to downtown hotels in a football weekend. Service was impeccable. The room was nicely appointed. Decor was soothing and classy, in typical Westin fashion. The grill/restaurant downstairs was pricey but excellent. This hotel is less than 3 years old and one of the best in Austin. If your don't mind the distance to downtown, this hotel might be perfect for you.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
seanhau, Front Office Manager at The Westin Austin at The Domain, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Thank you so much for your review! To hear that you feel that we are one of the best hotels in Austin is music to our ears. Our team strives to provide a memorable experience for all of our guests and to have our service referred to as "impeccable" is truly inspiring!

We hope you return for many University of Texas football games to come. Hook 'em Horns!

There are newer reviews for The Westin Austin at The Domain

Reviewed September 6, 2012

We stayed at the Westin at the Domain for our wedding night and I have nothing but wonderful things to say about it. We had an afternoon wedding, and since our ceremony took place before the standard check-in time, I was a little anxious about how our luggage would get to our room. As a busy bride, I didn't want to stress about the technicalities of the day, and thankfully the staff at the Westin were super accommodating when I called! They let my dad come and check-in that morning, so he just handed the room key to my husband before the wedding and our bags were in the room when we arrived that evening.

The room was very nice - rose petals on the floor and bed, champagne waiting for us. Later in the evening there was a knock at the door and they delivered more champagne and chocolate covered strawberries.

I love this Westin property and hope we can steal away for a little staycation so that we can take full advantage of the amenities!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Amanda R

We are so glad you chose to spend your wedding night with us. Our team loves to take care of guests on their special day! We are so happy to hear that we were able to help you remain stress free!

Congratulations on your marriage! We look forward to having you back for many anniversaries to come.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a UT game weekend with his brother and his family (separate rooms). There are so many things that make this hotel a great place to stay, such as:

-Nicely appointed rooms with comfortable bed and chairs
-Lots of outlets for chargers (not always the case)
-Beautiful bathrooms with a large walk-in shower
-Pet friendly! We saw several dogs walking through the lobby. We were surprised that a hotel this nice would be pet friendly. A dog lover, I wanted to bring my dog next time.
-Ample parking. We did not have to valet, but it was available.
-Shuttle service to the shopping or Domain restaurants. What a blessing when it was 100 degrees out!
-Nice shopping area that you can stroll. Several of my favorite stores were not there, but there are plenty of others to choose from.
-Good restaurant: Urban. We ate there only for breakfast, but their dinner menu looked really good.
-Mini mart available behind the front desk.

But my favorite service they offered was their Pack Light, Stay Fit program. For a $5 charge you can get workout clothes (including sports bra!) AND shoes brought to your room. I tried this and was really impressed. Everything is New Balance brand, and the employee in charge of the program stayed to make sure that my clothes and shoes fit. I hate packing athletic shoes because they take up so much room, but I did want to work out. This solved the problem. I worked out each day we were there in their wonderful fitness room. It has several treadmills, a couple ellipticals, a stairclimber, and a stationery bike, along with a weight machine, a set of weights, and weighted balls. The workout gear is not for sale; you just leave it behind in the room at the end of your stay.

There were a few minor things I did not care for, but not enough to lower my rating:

-No view. Austin has some spectacular views, and if that is what you want, there are plenty of places that you can choose from. This place is not one of them. Our room overlooked Macy's.
-A few of the towels had dirt on them before we even touched them.
-The toilet spit water out when flushed. It could have just been our toilet, but it was pretty significant.
-Pepsi products only. As a Diet Coke drinker, this was disappointing, but again very minor point.

I wouldn't let these things deter you from choosing this hotel. It is an excellent choice in north Austin.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Taramat
Reviewed September 3, 2012

The hotel itself is located in a very convenient area with easy access to highway and shopping. The room was clean and the bed SO comfortable but those are not the reasons for this review. In fact, I've never written a review before and we travel a lot. The service in this hotel went above and beyond any expectations I had. It was a very special weekend for me. My husband gave me the gift of 3 days to myself away from our very loud and busy house with little boys. I called ahead and let the hotel know this. Even though they were jammed packed with football fans they managed to find a nice quiet corner room on the top floor to ensure peace and quiet for me. They made me feel like I was the only guest they had! I was even treated to complimentary Champagne, strawberries and chocolate my first night here. The 2nd night they comped my "late night" room service because they felt it took too long to get here (I didn't even notice the time). Seriously, they made it the most relaxing, quiet, special weekend. I'd come back in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Wow! Thank you so much for your glowing review! I am so glad that we were able to pamper you during your quiet getaway. We take great pride in providing the best guest service possible, and it truly inspires us to hear that we were able to make this stay special for you.

We hope you get a chance to come visit us again soon!

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Stayed here for four nights for work while filming a video in the greater Austin area. This is the nicest Westin I have stayed in and we only stay in starwood properties for business travel. It's practically brand new and the beds, bathrooms, workout room, and pool area were very nice, as they should be for a new hotel. The most impressive thing about the stay was the service- from the top down. The front desk staff was amazing- accommodating every little request, like opening a conference room after hours so we could review wardrobe and props with our client who flew in late, they definitely understand business travelers needs and almost expect odd requests, the concierge staff was equally as helpful and their dinner recommendations for local restaurants were on spot- from the Salt Lick to Chuey's. Even the cleaning staff were very friendly and greeted us in the hallways and new my name by the end of my stay. The Domain is new mall and entertainment district about twenty minutes North West of downtown Austin. This worked great for us as our work took us away from downtown so we didn't fight any of the rush hour traffic. If you are looking to take in downtown Austin then this might not be the best location. The restaurant was quite good, especially breakfast and room service was very prompt. Gotta check out the movie theater at the domain and pay the thirty bucks for the seats that are lazy boys and with servers who bring you your food. Its worth the comfort and fun.

Room Tip: If you can get a room on the South-ish side of the building it is a better view as looks into the ma...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Drew S
seanhau, Front Office Manager at The Westin Austin at The Domain, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Thank you so much taking the time to write this fantastic review of our hotel! Guest service is our number one priority and to hear you say such complimentary things about our staff is very rewarding for our team! I have taken the liberty of sharing your comments with all of our associates. I especially appreciate your kind words about our housekeeping team as they are quite often overlooked.

I hope you come back to see us again soon!

Reviewed August 24, 2012

We had an amazing experience.....from the Manager greeting after crossing the threshold, to the amazing dinner on property. Everyone we came in contact with was so pleasantly happy and professional. What make this location so unique is the meeting space is all together and on one floor ...........and it is situated in one of the states most premier shopping villages. This is a not to be missed Starwood wonder! Oh the room was perfect....love those Heavenly Beds.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so much for writing a review of our hotel! I am very pleased that you had a wonderful stay! It appears that you took full advantage of all The Domain has to offer. And don't forget our electric GEM cart that can transport you to and from any of the stores or restaurants within The Domain.

I am so glad you enjoyed your dinner at our restaurant, urban an American grill! It is open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner plus brunch on Sundays. It is definitely one of the finest restaurants in the area.

We cannot wait to welcome you back!

Reviewed August 21, 2012

The Westin Austin is at the top of my list when I'm back in Austin for an overnight stay. The hotel was great, clean, comfortable. The restaurant was awesome and the food was delicious. The best part of this hotel though, is the staff. They went above and beyond any experience I've had in hotels around the world. Highly recommend it!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
seanhau, Front Office Manager at The Westin Austin at The Domain, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel! I am glad we took such good care of you. We very much appreciate your praise of our restaurant, urban an American grill! They serve fantastic food for breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as brunch on Sundays.

To hear that our staff provided you with an experience that was above and beyond any that you have had in any other hotel around the world is the ultimate compliment for us. This is the level of service we strive to provide for each and every one of our guests.

We look forward to your return in the near future!