“Service beyond expectation”

Ranked #31 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Service beyond expectation”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

The hotel itself is located in a very convenient area with easy access to highway and shopping. The room was clean and the bed SO comfortable but those are not the reasons for this review. In fact, I've never written a review before and we travel a lot. The service in this hotel went above and beyond any expectations I had. It was a very special weekend for me. My husband gave me the gift of 3 days to myself away from our very loud and busy house with little boys. I called ahead and let the hotel know this. Even though they were jammed packed with football fans they managed to find a nice quiet corner room on the top floor to ensure peace and quiet for me. They made me feel like I was the only guest they had! I was even treated to complimentary Champagne, strawberries and chocolate my first night here. The 2nd night they comped my "late night" room service because they felt it took too long to get here (I didn't even notice the time). Seriously, they made it the most relaxing, quiet, special weekend. I'd come back in a heartbeat!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
seanhau, Front Office Manager at The Westin Austin at The Domain, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Wow! Thank you so much for your glowing review! I am so glad that we were able to pamper you during your quiet getaway. We take great pride in providing the best guest service possible, and it truly inspires us to hear that we were able to make this stay special for you.

We hope you get a chance to come visit us again soon!

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Slovak first
Provo, Utah, United States
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Stayed here for four nights for work while filming a video in the greater Austin area. This is the nicest Westin I have stayed in and we only stay in starwood properties for business travel. It's practically brand new and the beds, bathrooms, workout room, and pool area were very nice, as they should be for a new hotel. The most impressive thing about the stay was the service- from the top down. The front desk staff was amazing- accommodating every little request, like opening a conference room after hours so we could review wardrobe and props with our client who flew in late, they definitely understand business travelers needs and almost expect odd requests, the concierge staff was equally as helpful and their dinner recommendations for local restaurants were on spot- from the Salt Lick to Chuey's. Even the cleaning staff were very friendly and greeted us in the hallways and new my name by the end of my stay. The Domain is new mall and entertainment district about twenty minutes North West of downtown Austin. This worked great for us as our work took us away from downtown so we didn't fight any of the rush hour traffic. If you are looking to take in downtown Austin then this might not be the best location. The restaurant was quite good, especially breakfast and room service was very prompt. Gotta check out the movie theater at the domain and pay the thirty bucks for the seats that are lazy boys and with servers who bring you your food. Its worth the comfort and fun.

Room Tip: If you can get a room on the South-ish side of the building it is a better view as looks into the ma...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Drew S
seanhau, Front Office Manager at The Westin Austin at The Domain, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you so much taking the time to write this fantastic review of our hotel! Guest service is our number one priority and to hear you say such complimentary things about our staff is very rewarding for our team! I have taken the liberty of sharing your comments with all of our associates. I especially appreciate your kind words about our housekeeping team as they are quite often overlooked.

I hope you come back to see us again soon!

Austin, Texas
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We had an amazing experience.....from the Manager greeting after crossing the threshold, to the amazing dinner on property. Everyone we came in contact with was so pleasantly happy and professional. What make this location so unique is the meeting space is all together and on one floor ...........and it is situated in one of the states most premier shopping villages. This is a not to be missed Starwood wonder! Oh the room was perfect....love those Heavenly Beds.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for writing a review of our hotel! I am very pleased that you had a wonderful stay! It appears that you took full advantage of all The Domain has to offer. And don't forget our electric GEM cart that can transport you to and from any of the stores or restaurants within The Domain.

I am so glad you enjoyed your dinner at our restaurant, urban an American grill! It is open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner plus brunch on Sundays. It is definitely one of the finest restaurants in the area.

We cannot wait to welcome you back!

Canton, Texas, United States
Reviewed August 21, 2012

The Westin Austin is at the top of my list when I'm back in Austin for an overnight stay. The hotel was great, clean, comfortable. The restaurant was awesome and the food was delicious. The best part of this hotel though, is the staff. They went above and beyond any experience I've had in hotels around the world. Highly recommend it!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
seanhau, Front Office Manager at The Westin Austin at The Domain, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel! I am glad we took such good care of you. We very much appreciate your praise of our restaurant, urban an American grill! They serve fantastic food for breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as brunch on Sundays.

To hear that our staff provided you with an experience that was above and beyond any that you have had in any other hotel around the world is the ultimate compliment for us. This is the level of service we strive to provide for each and every one of our guests.

We look forward to your return in the near future!

Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Pretty much the best service I have received at any hotel, anywhere. As an SPG Gold member we received an upgrade to the executive floor. Our breakfast at the fabulous on-site restaurant, Urban, was also comped with the upgrade. In addition, without us even asking, they took care of our internet for our stay plus all of our food and drinks during happy hour. What a nice surprise to see a zero balance upon checkout!

The staff was superb, especially the wait staff at Urban. They really anticipated everything we might need, even the little things like asking if our two year-old would like juice in a cup with a straw. It's really a testament to the management at the Westin that their staff is so friendly and on top of things.

Breakfast itself was outstanding. Even at $17.50 a person it would have been a great value. Made to order omelets, waffles, pancakes with a wide selection of other favorites.

It's a fairly new hotel - the rooms were very nice, the lobby very cool, and the hotel has a nice pool and workout room.

I've read complaints on Yelp from locals that the Domain is too prepackaged. Don't listen to them - the Domain is awesome. We had the most pleasant window shopping stroll ever at 10pm, even during the middle of summer. You could choose to spend an entire short trip at the Domain. If not, the rest of Austin is only 15 minutes away.

You really can't go wrong with the Westin at the Domain!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Andy S
seanhau, Front Office Manager at The Westin Austin at The Domain, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Thank you so much for writing such an amazing review of our hotel! As a Gold level SPG member, you obviously travel extensively. To have you state that we provided you with the best service you have ever received anywhere is truly inspiring.

I have shared your comments with our entire team, especially recognizing our restaurant associates. Urban an American grill is a great restaurant for hotel guests and locals alike. We just updated our menu with several delicious new items. Urban is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as brunch on Sundays.

We can't wait for your return visit!

Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

Very lovely property with standing showers! Very clean and a luxury feel! Staff was incredible helpful and friendly. Will definitely stay at this property again if given the opportuny! Check-in was fast and easy and property has a number of amenities.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank lmleyva_MBA
Thank you for your review of our hotel! We are delighted that you had an enjoyable stay. Guest service is our top priority and I am glad that you found our staff to be incredibly helpful and friendly. We take great pride in making sure all of our guests are well cared for!

We hope to welcome you back soon!

Texas
Reviewed August 14, 2012

The Westin is located in the Domain, which is a fun shopping area in Austin. There are plenty of restaurants and shopping options here, along with a great movie theater (the iPic - best theater I have ever been to!). The hotel is pleasant and has some very nice common areas. Moreover, the staff were great. Beds were super comfortable!

But, there were a few minor (very minor) cons:

-The entire backside of the hotel has terrible views - just of concrete and a construction area. It was so blah that I wanted to keep my blinds closed so as to not spoil my time!

-The room was nice, clean, but rather bland. Nothing really stood out about it. It was just a very serviceable room.

-They charge for internet, which really is still just silly for hotels nowadays (now, in fairness, they comped it to me!).

I would stay here again, but there is nothing that stands out about the hotel. It is just a pleasant hotel in a really good location for the Domain. But, if you are staying here, take the time to go catch dinner and a movie at the nearby iPic theater. Order the filet mignon sliders, they are excellent!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the front side!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank crbguy
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We greatly appreciate your kind words about our staff! I am so glad that you found our Heavenly Bed to be very restful.

We are located in the middle of The Domain, so our views can be limited. However, our rooms are very quiet and comfortable. For future visits, please feel free to request a front facing room, and we will do our best to accommodate you.

If you would like internet including with your room, please consider reserving one of our Executive Level rooms. For a small upgrade fee, your room will include internet, bottled water and breakfast buffet for two each morning.

Thank you again for your review. We look forward to your return!