“Girls weekend”

Ranked #31 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Dallas, Texas, United States
“Girls weekend”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Had an excellent stay for the 2nd time on a girls weekend with my sister. Both of us are moms to young children, and the luxury of sleeping in tucked away in such comfortable beds was enough to bring us back again! But the staff was very helpful, kind and yes, fun. Everyone we dealt with was great - from the valets to reception to the room service delivery. The golf carts that will bring you to restaurants, shopping, etc. are FANTASTIC and made our stay even better. We are trying to make this an annual trip and we will continue to come back to the Westin at the Domain for years to come!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
seanhau, Front Office Manager at The Westin Austin at The Domain, responded to this review, July 21, 2012
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of the Westin Austin at the Domain. I am glad you had a memorable stay! It sounds like you enjoyed our Heavenly Bed. Don't forget that you can purchase one online at westinathome.com.

I am pleased that you were able to take advantage of all that The Domain has to offer - lots of shopping and great restaurants. I hope that you do indeed make this an annual trip for your "Girls Weekend".

Sean Haughey
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
  • Slovak first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 18, 2012

This was my second time staying at this hotel and they are 2 for 2 when it comes to super location, excellent ambiance & amenities, and service. Specifically, Elrick M. is a superstar and he's 2 for 2 when it comes to service. On my first visit, Elrick checked me in and went above and beyond my SPG status in terms of bonuses and upgrades, and, most importantly, made sure my ESPN was working so I could watch the Miami Heat game! And, as a token for the inconvenience, he provided me with more bonuses.

On my second visit, I was lucky to have Elrick check me in again. He remembered me and again went above and beyond my SPG status when it came down to service, bonuses, and upgrades. In fact, he was so courteous and helpful I wanted to make sure he got the credit he deserved--so I decided to take the time to write this review!

Overall, this is a great property in a great location in Austin, TX. If you're lucky enough to get Elrick, he will definitely take care of you. If not, the Westin Austin at the Domain is full of courteous and helpful employees who will go out of their way to put you first. I highly recommend that you stay at this property and Elrick, Sean Haughey (front office manager), Keith Shopnick (general manager), or any of the other fine employees will make sure your stay is a super one. In fact, I plan on staying at this location every time I come to Austin--regardless of whether it's for business or personal travel!

Room Tip: Join the Starwood Preferred Guest program.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
seanhau, Front Office Manager at The Westin Austin at The Domain, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Thank you so much for writing this wonderful review of the Westin Austin at the Domain! I am glad that we, and especially Elrick, took such great care of you! I have shared your comments with our entire team, giving Elrick the recognition he deserves.

I am so glad that we have become your hotel of choice in Austin. We look forward to your return!

Sean Haughey
Front Office Manager
Dallas
Reviewed July 18, 2012

My husband and I took a quick mini-getaway to Austin with our dog, and after reading all of the rave reviews about this Westin, I booked it. The hotel lived up to all of the reviews. First of all, it is immaculate. The public areas as well as the rooms are spotless! The signature Heavenly bed is super comfy, and even the shower is luxurious with an added hand-held shower head. The staff, from the valet guys, to the front desk and lobby bar staff, are all very courteous and friendly. Each of them seemed to go out of their way to make sure we were happy.

The location is perfect. It is within an easy walking distance to an outdoor shopping area with lots of stores and restaurants. To get to downtown Austin was a 10-15 minute drive.

There were a few drawbacks we experienced. The first was in no way the fault of the hotel staff. We had a corner room, and the people staying in the executive suite next to us decided to party it up until 3 in the morning. As soon as we made a call, however, this problem was immediately resolved. The other was that our room had a very slight lingering odor of dog urine. We took a dog with us (who is completely house broken), so we assume they placed us in a dog-friendly room and dogs in the past may have had some accidents.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Great hotel, great location at the Domain, one of the best kept shopping secrets in Texas. Everything about this property exudes class - the decor, the staff, the facilities, the restaurant, the bar, the room - just a really fine experience from start to finish.

I stayed there on business a few weeks back because all the hotels downtown were full. My work in Austin is around the state Capitol complex, so the Westin is a bit out of my way (9.4 miles from the city center), but because my experience was so good, I stayed there on my next trip to Austin as well, and will continue to do so.

I would gladly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Everyone at Westin at the Domain was very professional and nice with us. Ths hotel is new, excellent Lobby and rooms clean and confortable.
Everybody over there were very good to solve any request.
Is a perfect location for loooking around to Austin, and The Domain is just right there with good restaurants and shops.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Raul R
Napa, California
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I stay at many hotels, but it isn't often that one merits a great review and mention. However, The Westin Austin at The Domain is one to recommend and remember. Although the location of the Westin isn't in downtown Austin, it's well worth staying here and driving into Austin, or just enjoying The Domain, the retail and dining complex across the street. I can't rave enough about the property itself, the restaurant, urban an american grill, and the room. The service was outstanding. Everyone I encountered at check-in, the restaurant, and around the property were friendly and accommodating. I loved both the food and the service I received at urban an american grill. I ate three meals there, two dinners at the bar and the Sunday brunch. The food was outstanding, the local beers cold and plentiful, and the wine list comprensive. I was also impressed with one of the bartender's wine knowledge as she helped me select a wine with one of my meals, a pairing of NY Strip on spinach with Gloria Ferrer Carneros Merlot. I was fortunate enough to be upgraded to the executive suite, which was luxurious and well-appointed, with a large living area, one and a half baths, and a large bedroom. My favorite part of the room was Westin's famous Heavenly Bed. I didn't want to get out of it either morning I was there. The full bathroom had both a bath/shower and a standalone shower, both with Westin's branded shower heads. How often do you wish to stay in the shower forever? When I return to Austin, I definitely plan to return to the Westin. You should plan your next stay there as well.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This was our second stay at The Westin. This time, I brought my family for an extended holiday weekend. It was amazing! I absolutely love this hotel! It is so clean and modern. But, the people really make the difference! We arrived late (2:30 AM) and were greeted by Jameson. He was friendly and professional. He got us checked in quickly. Upon arrival, it was discovered that something we requested with our reservation was not available during our stay. Jameson truly went above and beyond to take care of us. My family enjoyed room service several times throughout our stay and each time it was fast and delicious. Every staff member we encountered was friendly and professional. I felt right at home at The Westin Austin. I truly did not want to leave! I am already planning our next trip. We can't wait to come back to our home away from home. Thank you, Westin Austin!!! You guys ROCK!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family