“We would highly recommend this hotel! Awesome experience!”

The Westin Austin at The Domain
Ranked #32 of 205 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed August 11, 2011

After an extremely long travel day with a VERY tired and cranky 2 year old, we made a last minute reservation to stay the night at the Westin Domain. Before even walking in the door, the valet attendant noticed that my husband and I were exhausted and ran over to help us with our bags. He even managed to distract our overtired 2-year old boy while we gathered our things.

I work for an advertising agency in NYC and am accustomed to staying in elite/upscale hotels all over the country. So, I was not expecting to be impressed by the decor/food/etc. from a Westin in Austin, Tx. Boy was I wrong!

I was immediately blown away be the hotel decor and ambiance...the lobby bar was packed with 20 to 30-year old young, hip, professionals. Our room was modern, yet comfortable and was quite spacious.

We had an awesome experience and would highly recommend this hotel!!!!

Oh, and did I mention that it's a pet-friendly hotel? Next time we stay here (and we will!) we'll be bringing our 2 chocolate labs with us!!!!

The O'Hanlon Family

NYC

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank sohanlon
Write a ReviewReviews (1,135)

Reviewed August 10, 2011

The room itself was clean and modern with the Westin's usual comfy beds and spa-like bathrooms. However, its location in the Domain, which shut down early evening, made it feel isolating. We were there visiting family for the holidays, so we knew it wouldn't be like staying in downtown Austin. However, it would have been nice if the area had offered a couple of choices for food or entertainment outside the hotel. If we wanted a drink in the evening or breakfast in the morning, the hotel was our only nearby option.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jd294
Reviewed August 9, 2011

Great rooms, service and location. Close to nice shopping area and restaurants, easy access to highways. Hard to go wrong here. Everything is so convenient, efficient and speedy.

1  Thank discovermore
Reviewed August 8, 2011

Food was great. Urban grill had great brunch options especially egg options. Service was exceptional by the night staff at front desk. They helped us with a medical emergency at 2 am. I have stayed at lot of Starwood properties but you guys really rock.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank nitingupta
Reviewed August 8, 2011

I stayed three nights at this hotel for business. It's so new that the GPS I rented had no record of the hotel or the street it was on. That wasn't fun. Obviously not the hotel's fault, but do keep it in mind if you are relying on a rental car company's GPS unit.

The hotel is nice enough, but again - it's so new that the in-room mini-bar is still empty. There was a soda machine on my floor, but it would not accept $5 bills. So it was impossible to purchase anything to drink for $2.

The bathroom was nice - a low tub that I couldn't imagine actually wanting to use as a tub, but it made getting into the shower easy. The door to the bathroom was huge - it seemed as if it was ADA compliant, but if someone were to use a wheelchair to get in, they'd be unable to close the door as it literally swung within inches of the toilet. It just seemed rather odd. The first towel I went to use after an initial shower had an odd stain that I didn't want to think about and I quickly discarded it under the sink to be picked up by housekeeping. A few days later I hit a towel with, let's call it... body hair. Not the maids fault as she's just piling up pre-folded towels, but the department that does the wash might need to up it's game.

Room service food was fine. The large flat-panel TV had a great picture but a slow to respond remote. So if you're scanning for a particular channel on an unfamiliar line-up it can be awhile before you hit what you're looking for.

I had requested a King room, but there was some type of conference going on - so I was given a double-Queen room with a sunset view over the mall. This was fine, but I found that when I ordered room service, there really wasn't anywhere comfortable to eat. There's a lounging chair and a side table, but they are at odd heights to one another. There is also a huge bench that I used to pack and unpack my suitcase. It lives under the TV console and weighs a ton. Very difficult to actually use.

The pool was rather small (considering we were in the middle of nowhere and land had to be cheap).

I was looking forward to visiting the mall across the street (The Domain). But after walking around it on my first night in the heat and realizing that it was an outdoor mall with the same generic shops you find in every city in America, I didn't bother to go back.

If I return for business, I think I'd rather stay at one of the downtown hotels. There was just no "there" there.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank sfimporter
Reviewed August 5, 2011

The staff is friendly and helpful. The rooms are very clean , comfortable, and quiet. The location is in close proximity to shopping and restaurants, with easy access to other locations in Austin.

1  Thank LLS15622
Reviewed August 5, 2011

Domain is an excellent property in an excellent location. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Two small problem item were immediately corrected within 15 minutes. Staff is extremely efficient and welcoming.

We'll stay there again for sure!

2  Thank BobJ3