“Best hotdog I have ever had. Also, bacon!”
Review of Frank

Frank
Ranked #109 of 3,827 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: American, German
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Frank is the ideal place for a cheap hot dog and a can of Schlitz beer or an artisanal sausage and a glass of wine. 'High-end lowbrow'The menu includes a loaded Chicago dog for $3.95 (complete with bright green relish and sport peppers), a Jackalope dog for $7 (antelope and rabbit sausage on a Phoenicia baguette with huckleberry compote) and waffle fries starting at $2.50. Daily specials feature gourmet sausages made in-house or on special order by locals: Hudson's Meat Market.
Reviewed January 28, 2014

My group of five came in for lunch on NYE 2013. We only had to wait a few minutes for a table to open up. We started with some vegetarian chili french fries because my ex-girlfriend was a vegetarian. They were surprisingly good - honestly, much better than I had anticipated. I couldn't even tell there wasn't meat in them. I ended up getting a sausage with antelope, rabbit, and something else in it that was topped with pulled pork and potato salad. It was awesome. Everyone loved their food, from other sausages and hotdogs to the hummus. Then we had dessert, which was chocolate covered bacon and chocolate chip cookies with bacon bits in them. Both were outstanding. They also had a wide variety of beers on tap, especially local ones and the prices were quite reasonable. I would definitely go to Frank again.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Great place, interesting choices for hot dogs and brats, wonderful local beers. Try it, you'll love it. Wonderful staff!

Reviewed January 20, 2014

There are many cool places in Austin so Frank fits in perfectly. For the hot dogs they use 100% Vienna Beef. There are many variations but on my trip I had the regular mustard only and the Chili dog. Although, Vienna Beef is not my preferred brand of dog, it was very good with their mild all meat chili and mustard. The buns were very soft, almost puffy. But in addition to the dogs, frank offers many different types of sausages. AND they have a full bar with a lengthy list of beers! The place is kid- friendly, clean and fun. Should be a must for visitors to Austin, Texas. Man, you gotta get some here!

Reviewed January 16, 2014

After countless trips to Austin, I finally entered Frank for breakfast. Located at 407 Colorado Street, Frank is an easy walk from any downtown hotel. If espresso is your thing, this is one of the many joints in Austin that offers wonderful coffee. Forget Starbucks. Frank has a varied and unusual breakfast selection. We had the bacon waffle with fried chicken, the egg in the cake and some of their tacos. Delish! All of their food is made on the premises. Big points for freshness. My main draw to Frank was a meal in the guise of a libation called the Red Headed Stranger. The Bloody Mary is garnished with bacon, cheddar cheese, jalapeño-stuffed olive, and pepperoncini. Amazing – we had it with breakfast every day. Service was terrific and always with a smile. I can’t wait to go back.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

First place I ate at when I arrived in Austin Texas. Had chili cheese fries and a vegetarian Philly. I was great especially the sauce and they also put me a beef dog on it to make more of a Philly Cheesesteak did not work to good. Chili cheese fries were great I would go back.