“Good little place!”

Cuisines: American, German
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Frank is the ideal place for a cheap hot dog and a can of Schlitz beer or an artisanal sausage and a glass of wine. 'High-end lowbrow'The menu includes a loaded Chicago dog for $3.95 (complete with bright green relish and sport peppers), a Jackalope dog for $7 (antelope and rabbit sausage on a Phoenicia baguette with huckleberry compote) and waffle fries starting at $2.50. Daily specials feature gourmet sausages made in-house or on special order by locals: Hudson's Meat Market.
London, United Kingdom
“Good little place!”
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Awesome veggie options, the vegan dogs and chilli cheese fries were excellent. Lots of beers on tap and great music choices to top it off.

Staff are on point and friendly!

• Visited August 2013

Austin, Texas
“Overrated”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I'm so sorry, but I think Frank is overrated. I've been here a couple of times and never walk out impressed.

It's really a great idea and I do like that vegetarians and vegans were considered during menu creation. I also like that they have fountain Big Red.

But the vegan dogs are just kind of so-so, and so is the vegan chili. The waffle fries are just your basic food service fries, so nothing special here either. Homemade fries or potato chips would go a long way.

The drink menu is also disappointing. It's obvious that someone poured a lot of creativity into it, but all the drinks I've tried come out really strange and nothing like what I imagine when I read the description. For example, I ordered the Sangrita. I love margaritas and I love sangria. Sounded great. But the description was confusing and what came out was really strange. Instead of being a fruity margarita, you get a shot of rough tequila and a shot of this spicy tomato juice. What the hell. And that cost $9.

The service also leaves some things to be desired. This most recent trip, we sat upstairs and this poor young woman had the whole upstairs to serve. To make matters worse, a table in the back kept growing and growing. She couldn't keep up. Other than that, most everyone that works there falls into the hipster category, so take that as you may.

I think I'll try Frank one more time before I give up.

Austin, Texas
“Awesome brunch!”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We enjoyed pear mimosas, fresh scratch biscuits and delicious shrimp 'n grits. It can get crowded so expect to get there early or stand & wait for a coveted table.

1 Thank YoureMyButterhalf
Irving, TX
“Great place for lunch.”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stopped in here with my brother, SIL, and 5 year old niece. Service was excellent. I got the jackalope, brother got the Carolina Pork It, SIL got the slaw dog, and my niece just got a plain dog. I really like the jackalope which came with cranberry compote and siracha aioli (it works folks). Got a nice PBR tall boy to go with it and split a basket of cheese fries. The prices were pretty reasonable. The best part was the sound paneling they use for the live bands, keeps the sound from echoing and allows you to carry on a conversation. Oh yeah, if you like bacon, try the frankencookie.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank MichaelJW
San Antonio, Texas
“Great For a Frank - But Not Much Else.”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

This location is near 6th street in downtown Austin. I purchased the Notorius PIG and a Ginger Cherry Limade. The food was excellent, and the mac and cheese with a sage sausage was a great combo.

The only downsides I had of this restaraunt was that it was not very satisfying in size nor was the selection. The drink I ordered did not have much flavor. This was just a small stop for a light meal for me. If your looking for a great tasting small meal this would be your place. Other reviewers also noted that the portions are small.

I did like the fact they use Mason Jars and the fact they made such concerpt out of just a frank. Hey, stop in and keep Austin Weird. I did.

1 Thank Pabrown210432

Been to Frank? Share your experiences!