“"Great stay"”

La Hacienda Resort
Ranked #3 of 39 Specialty Lodging in Austin
“"Great stay"”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We rented El comal cottage for a month. We recently relocated to Austin, we have kids and did not want to be stuck in a regular hotel room. La hacienda was great, the cottage has everything we needed linens, towels, pots & pan, coffee maker, toaster. The ladies in the office were absolutely amazing, since it is a Rv park we did have a problem one weekend with some rotten kids but that is not there fault. The blame goes to the parents who think it's okay to let their kids run wild & not respect other people. Our only disappointed was when we couldn't extend our stay longer since the cabin was reserved by someone else for the next month. I would definitely stay there again. Its a beautiful place , kids loved the pool & I enjoyed the fitness center. There are permenant residents but we had no problem with them, they always smiled & waved at us. I wish we could have stayed longer!

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank elle525

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Tomball, Texas
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We stayed for four nights and three days and overall had a great experience. I had read a few reviews prior to making our reservation and was a bit concerned but in the end we did not have any problems.

The resort is broken up into different sections I would recommend staying in section C if you are going to go for a short stay- anything under two weeks. Section A seems to be reserved for long term residents and section B seems to have a large number of them as well. I did see a few long term set-ups in our section as well but did not have any issues with noise or equipment set-up.

Pool and facilities were very clean and well maintained. Their onsite store is well stocked and the laundry room was easy to access. There is a walking trail that goes around the pond and pool area. If you plan to be outside in the mornings and evenings make sure you have insect repellant! I was bitten six times by the time I had plugged in the electrical and water which took five minutes.

The area has several grocery stores near by as well as restaurants. There is also a park within a few miles that gives you swimming access to Lake Travis. Some parks close down after rain due to high levels of bacteria. We were not familiar with this so we found out after making the drive out. Make sure you call prior to heading out.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We originally stopped in here for one night but ended up staying for three. This is a very awesome park, quiet, friendly folks here. There are some folks who are could be here for a while, but their stuff is neat and they caused us no problems. I ran through the park twice while here and had no issues with loose dogs or fast drivers. There is an excellent dog park at this RV park, probably an acre in size. Our dogs loved playing ball there. The weather wasn't warm enough to test out the pool but it looked very nice and the area was neat. The only downside to this park is it is a bit off the highway (about 17 miles) but we pulled our 41' 5th wheel through the traffic without any issues.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Conroe, Texas
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Just have to write to this review its Good Friday at 630pm. Lots of people living here full time. It's obvious by none of the rules being followed i.e. gym equipment, rusty stand up freezer and refrigerators outside along with dog pens, etc. The campsite across from us is building something with plywood and 2x4s with a skill saw no less. Definitely want to check out your site before settling in as some sites are junk piles. It could be nice as the sites are large does not appear anyone is enforcing the rules here BEWARE! I took pictures don't park by site B41. The bathrooms and pool areas were clean and nice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Imrosie
Dallas, TX
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

It is a beautiful park with lots of amenities. Price is high but not for what you get. We like to park pull-in facing their "pond.". Too bad it doesn't rain in Austin so their pond is dry. It is still very beautiful and peaceful. The whole park is very clean and sites are long and wide. It is NOT good that WiFi is not included.

• Stayed March 2013
Livingston, Texas
Reviewed February 6, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this park for several months. The dog barking and rude winter Texans drove us out. We travel with dogs and keep them quiet as we know others don't appreciate barking dogs but at this park the residents just let their dogs bark incessantly. The small dogs with a high pitch bark are especially nerve racking. Imagine a high pitched bark, sometimes for 30 minutes at a time while you try to enjoy the space outside your RV. We couldn't even enjoy the space INSIDE our RV because of the noise. These are people that are permanent residents and some that come back every winter. They don't care about others, just themselves.

The winter Texans also treat the park as their own. Many mornings we'd be woken by retirees having loud conversations right outside our bedroom window. Yelling back and forth between sites. My parents taught me to be respectful of others. Not this bunch. They would have all been put in time-out!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Kentbigdog
Houston, Texas
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We were on our first experience at travelling in a motor coach and for our last night we found La Hacienda Resort on Google and thought we'd try it out. When I called to make sure they had space available for a 40' coach specifying that we wanted a pull-through site, she asked how many people. I responded 3 adults and we had 4 dogs travelling with us. The nightly rate for a pull-through is $52 for 2 people, and an extra $5 for an additional person. We arrived at the park and got set up and all three adults had computers so we fired them up and tried to get on WIFI. There was no available WIFI on the list so I called the office. They wanted to know how long we were staying - I replied one night and asked if there is a code that I needed to get on. Yes, there was and the gentleman said he'd bring it over which he did and chatted with my husband for several minutes. Got the code and tried to log in again and only one person could get on. I then walked over to the office and asked if we each needed a code and they replied yes, only one code per site per 24 hours and 1 minute period! REALLY????? An additional code was $4.95!!! She gave me another code and I explained again that there were three of us and three computers. She said "Oh, I was just going to give you another one" - I said I guess I'll buy a third one so that we can all access the internet! I thought this was a little outrageous since we were already paying $57 for the site! I don't think we will be going back to La Hacienda. They did have a nice fenced-in dog area and lots of full timers in the park. Just think they're rates and a little high especially when you're 3 miles from the lake and a mile or so from civilization!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank jccjwc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Austin
Lakeway Resort and Spa
Sonesta Bee Cave Austin
Sonesta Bee Cave Austin
#1 of 2 in Bee Cave
Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa

Been to La Hacienda Resort? Share your experiences!