“Great as always”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin North/Parmer Lane
Ranked #65 of 201 Hotels in Austin
“Great as always”
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

My family and I ended up staying here because of the nightmare at another hotel. I called while at the other hotel and explained my situation and the guy was so helpful he allowed me to book the room for the same amount as if I had booked it in advanced. We stayed here last year and enjoyed it but wanted a little bigger room since it was 2 adults and 3 kids. When we arrived he knew who we were and expedited checking us in. There was one issue that he handled by switching our rooms immediately, the television did not work. After the issues at the other hotel and the tv issue my son said if this is how our vacation is going to be let's go back home. .. Thank goodness that our stay was good. ..I would make 3 suggestions to improve the hotel 1. Put in a hot tub 2. Do not limit the towels to 3 sets if 4 people are staying there. 3. Extend breakfast on the weekends until at least 10:00 am.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Grant1234, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin North/Parmer Lane, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Hello Jessica,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor and for choosing to stay with us. I am sorry to hear about your troubles at another hotel, and I am glad to hear we were able to accomodate your needs. I also wanted to take a moment to address some of the suggestions you made in your review. As much as we would also love to have a hot tub on property, this is unfortunatly not a feature that we have any current plans to add, but as always, we roll up all guest requests to our ownership for their review. As far as towels go, we do provide 4 sets in the rooms as standard, but we are always happy to provide additional towels or any other amenity at the guests request. Currently our breakfast does run from 6:30am-10am each weekend, and we are happy to provide additional items past those hours if requested by the guest. I wanted to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for your suggestions, they are always appreciated.

Grant D'Entremont

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Delaware
Reviewed July 6, 2014

My husband and I visit Austin at least once or twice a year. We have always stayed at the Courtyard very close by. We decided to try Fairfield Inn this time. Hotel is very inviting at a fair price. The free breakfast is a great way to get your day going rather than hunting for a breakfast spot in the area. Aside from an issue with housekeeping our stay was very nice. The general manager Grant took care of the issue and was most accommodating. Cannot say enough good things about the staff. They are friendly and will do anything to make your stay pleasant. I recommend trying them when in the area.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the highway.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Kevin R, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin North/Parmer Lane, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a positive review on Trip Advisor, we know how valuable your time is and that you would take a few minutes to share your experience means so much to the team and myself. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, I will be sure to share your comments with the entire team. We are glad to hear that our breakfast was to your liking so that you could start your morning relaxing. Thank you so much for your time and for choosing to stay at our hotel. We hope to see you again in the future!

Plano, Texas
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Staff always welcomes guests with enthusiasm. They suggest local restaurants and shopping Convenient location near all the Austin businesses and restaurants. Clean and comfortable rooms. I highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Chris,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a positive review on Trip Advisor, we know how valuable your time is and that you would take a few minutes to share your experience means so much to the team and myself. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, I will be sure to share your comments with the entire team. Thank you so much for your time and for choosing to stay at our hotel. We hope to see you again in the future!

San Jose, California
Reviewed June 29, 2014

My wife and I stayed here while on vacation in Austin. We were mainly hanging out in Downtown area so this hotel was a bit further north than I thought when I was booking everything but that really didn't make it a pain. The drive into the city/downtown/capital area was pretty easy and besides I won't rate the hotel down any for that. The hotel was very clean and the staff was ALWAYS very courteous. Whenever we would leave to go out or come back the front desk staff was always saying bye, or hi, etc. The room was quite clean and "airy." I did notice the closet door was off it's track when I got into room ad was able to place the rollers back into the tracks. Outside of that for the value, etc the hotel was great. They even offered us some fresh brewed coffee at check-out as we were too early for breakfast as we had a early flight out.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Andrew,

Best Regards,
Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 27, 2014

I checked in on June 21st and checked out June 22nd. I reserved four king size rooms with one room with an additional sleeper sofa. We checked in around 7:30pm. We were running late to a dinner so we all dropped off our things in our rooms and took off and didn't return until 12:30am. We soon discovered that the sleeper sofa did not have any bedding and the king size bed did not have a blanket. My son went downstairs to get bedding and was informed it was a first come first serve policy and they ran out of bedding. He even asked for towels to cover himself and they said they had none. The front desk lady was rude and didn't even apologize for the situation. Three young men were sharing this room and we needed both the king size bed and the sofa. My other son found table clothes in the breakfast area and took them so his younger brother would have something to cover himself with. I cannot believe that a hotel as big as Fairfield in a big city like Austin does not have an ample supply of bedding! Beware of the air conditioning in the rooms too. You feel like you're going thru menopause! The room runs really cold, shuts off and repeats the cycle all night. You're freezing one minute and sweating the next. Needless to say this was a horrible experience. Never again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Cecilia G
Kevin R, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin North/Parmer Lane, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear Ceclia,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on our hotel, at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin North, we are thankful for each and every review we receive, and your feedback is of great value to the entire team here at the hotel. We go to great lengths every day to ensure that all of our guests have a great stay, it appears that there were several factors that your were unsatisfied with, and for that you have my deepest apologies. For the towel and blanket shortage issue you reported, we always try to serve our guests in anyway possible and unfortunately, we did not live up to your and our expectations. This was a rare occurance for us to have such a shortage and guarantee that we are taking the necessary steps to prevent this issue from happening again.

If I can be of service in anyway, please feel free to contact me directly, and I will be glad to assist. Thank you again for taking the time to give us a review on trip advisor, and have a wonderful day.

Lancaster PA
Reviewed June 22, 2014

The Fairfield is a good value for business travel. The location is a basic suburban commercial area, but the Hotel is a short drive from The Dominion upscale outdoor mall, which was lively and fun. The room and amenities were what you would expect.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Kevin R, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin North/Parmer Lane, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Hello there,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here at the Fairfield Inn and Suites Austin North/Parmer Lane. We always appreciate feedback! It sounded like you a had a good stay overall, but looks like we could have definitely made it a great one. We would love to hear how we could have made your stay a 5, especailly for the next time you choose to stay with us. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me about anything. Thank you again for your feedback and have a wonderful day!

Best Regards,
512-821-0376
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed June 6, 2014

I found this a great hotel to stay at on business. It was close to all services I need. The staff was very friendly, and worked to keep my stay wanting for anything.
the breakfast buffet was awesome, with eggs, fresh fruit cereal, and homemade waffles.
As a business traveler, I need 24/7 coffee, which was available.
there is an indoor pool, which was small, but suited my needs after a long day.
Finally, the front Desk was manned by Kim Villareal, who went out of her way to make me feel at home.
I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: try not to face I-35
Green Features: Their environmental policy was evident with towel re-use comments.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Kevin R, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin North/Parmer Lane, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Dear Ted,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a positive review on Trip Advisor, we know how valuable your time is and that you would take a few minutes to share your experience means so much to the team and myself. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, I will be sure to share your comments with the entire team and with Kim. Thank you so much for your time and for choosing to stay at our hotel. We hope to see you again in the future!