I was very hesitant to book a stay at this hotel due to the overall hotel rating (2.5 stars) and low reviews (28), but decided to take a chance since they had really great rates and fellow tripadvisor users gave them an average 4 stars. All I can say is, I can't say enough great things about this hotel!
Location. From some of the reviews that I read, I thought that I might have a hard time finding the location of the hotel, but it was incredibly easy! From the I-35N, take exit 245. Make a left on the exit, another left on I-35 Frontage Rd, and then a right on Indian Mount Dr. If you happen to enter through the Springfield Inn hotel, just go through the parking lot and it'll lead you to the hotel.
Staff. Very friendly and accommodating. I booked just a few hours upon arrival, but the receptionist had no problem finding my reservation. Best of all, she was very friendly and even made an effort to honor my special request of staying in a higher floor. I didn't like that she gave me a room next to the elevator, but one quick phone call and she was able to give me another room. On my last day, the hotel was nice enough to give me a very generous later check out upon request.
Amenities. Here's a quick summary:
- Internet. I don't know why some people have complained about the quality of the internet, but I was all the way on the 5th floor corner and was able to get great signal!
- Parking. Free and ample parking.
- Breakfast. Free breakfast from about 7:30-9:30am. They don't really have any hot food except for some breakfast sandwiches, but they have a great waffle station and offer the standard continental breakfast. For the rates they offer, this is one of the best free breakfasts you can get!
- Gym. Open 24 hrs.
- Laundry. I didn't get to use this, but this was definitely nice to have!
Cleanliness, decoration, and comfort. Very clean and modern hotel. The hallway carpets were so clean, they almost looked like they were glowing green! The bathroom was spotless and the bed was comfortable. I also liked that they had ample lighting in the room unlike a lot of hotels these days, so dark!
The only con that I see with this hotel is that it's a bit of a trek from downtown Austin (~20min drive). Other than that, this hotel is totally worth it! If I ever come back to this amazing city, I will definitely be returning to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin North Parmer Lane is just minutes from the music, art, and restaurants that define Austin's unique personality. It is also convenient to the North Austin Medical Center and the University of Texas. This hotel offers a complimentary breakfast buffet, indoor pool, and fitness center. This property also features spacious suites with a comfortable king or double beds, sleeper sofa, microwave, mini-fridge, complimentary high-speed Internet Access, and flat screen TV. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin North/Parmer Lane reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Austin North / Parmer Lane Hotel Austin