Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin North/Parmer Lane
La Quinta Inn & Suites Austin Southwest(Austin)(Great Value!)
$109
$229
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel(Austin)(Great Value!)
$145
$178
InterContinental
$224
  • Restaurant
Omni Austin at South Park(Austin)(Great Value!)
$121
  • Pool
Wyndham Garden Austin(Austin)(Great Value!)
$98
W Austin(Austin)
$329
$249
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfront deskindoor poolyogurtbreakfast roomconvenient locationnorth sidea great stayexercise roomwill stay there againhousekeeping staffrooms are cleanbed was very comfortableking suiteeasy accessfree breakfastbusiness centercoffee maker
Reviewed August 26, 2012

this is a really nice place. cute decor, clean, friendly service, but i can't rate it too high because of the cricket situation.
first of all, i've lived in austin before--for three years--and i never knew of the "cricket migration," but apparently this happens every year. ok, fine, but my first night i return to the hotel around midnight to be greeted by at least ten crickets hopping around my room. it was almost unbelieveable. the guy at the front desk was very helpful. he couldn't relocate me to another room as the hotel was completely booked, and there was no bug spray in the hotel(!), so he came into my room with a broom and proceeded to kill each one we could find.
i was nervous before going to bed and rightly so because at 8am i awoke to a cricket crawling on my forehead! i leapt across the room and an hour later, i was moved to the third floor, which was very nice and insect-free. i actually enjoyed my second night there.
i don't know that i would stay at this hotel again, but i do think things could have been much worse--worse bugs or unsympathetic service, for instance.
if you do stay here, don't stay on the first floor (in spring/summer/fall). try very hard to stay in one of the middle floors. apparently the crickets can come in from the roof, so the top floor could be a problem too...

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank kanshefle
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Staff: very friendly. I wonder if all people in Austin are like this (caused even at the airport the TSA staff were great). Anyway, both reception and breakfast staff were great. Very friendly and helpful.
Location: A bit difficult to find (my fault due to my navigator update).But when you found it, it is easy to find as it is close to the I-35. Close to lots of eating and shopping places.
Room: Comfortable and as expected.
Breakfast: A good spread, and most probably due to the number of Japanese, some asian offerings were available.
A good hotel in Austin. About 15 mins by car to downtown

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Kimgagnon, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin North/Parmer Lane, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor. Judging from your comments it seems like you experienced Austin Hospitality starting from your arrival at the airport. We are happy you enjoyed your time in our city and hope if you have the opportunity to come back you will choose our inn again.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

This Fairfield looks like a Courtyard, with updated decor in bright greens. Five floors and solid walls, the week's stay was quiet. Fridge in room but no microwave. 40 channels on flat screen. Free wireless was painfully slow but no problem for basic personal updating at night. Basic breakfast with Japanese options. Coffee station in the hall with slow pump carafes. Morning paper downstairs, not at the room. Beds comfortable but queens were narrow. Show was strong enough with plenty of hot water. Lots of food options in the area. I would stay again depending on other pricing options.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We are sorry to hear you found the internet and the coffee pumps slow. Candid feedback allows us to continually improve our guest experience. We are happy to hear you will consider the Fairfield Inn again on future trips to Austin.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

The room was nice, Marriott standard bedding which i liked. Big shower that fit me, and my partner, which is rare lol. The room was nice and cold and the AC worked great! I would definitely go back . The staff was very friendly and didn't seem to mind all of the "young kids" there for various shows and Marley Fest.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. Apparently you stayed over one of the special event weekends in the city and appreciate your patience with all the kids. We hope to see you again when you find yourself spending the night in Austin.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

This is a *perfect* place for a business trip or drive-by with your family. It's not the Ritz, but it's also not Motel 7-1/2. Big rooms, nice staff, free wi-fi, and the bathrooms are nicely remodeled.

I'm reading the other reviews and people are complaining that there's no hot-tub, or that there's no body lotion, or no scrambled eggs in the morning. Yeesh. Maybe I'm unlucky, but I've stayed at a *lot* of places, and paid more per night, only to discover beds that I don't want to sleep in, linens that I don't even want to touch, bathrooms that I want to avoid, and places where I feel completely ripped off. This Fairfield Inn is 100% the opposite.

This is just what I want: Clean, spacious, and--I don't normally say this about a hotel--trustworthy. Nice desk to work at--with a PLUG in the lamp base and a hardwire ethernet cable. (No duh. Dell is just up the street.) Flat screen TV. Lights that I could figure out how to operate. :-) A nice little stand next to a wall outlet where I could recharge a cell phone (no more crawling around under the desk to find an outlet). One of those curvy shower curtain rods. A VERY nice shower head, and plenty of water pressure. Plenty-big towels. Sure I could hear some truck noise coming in through the bathroom vent when the fan wasn't on. Was that funny? Sure. Did it keep me up at night? Not for a nanosecond.

Frankly, on business, this is EXACTLY what I want. Predictable, and fairly priced. On travel with the family, this is *also* what I want. No surprises. And not ridiculously expensive. Body lotion? I can do without.

Hints? Let's see ...

They've got a refrigerator in the lobby that sells airport-priced drinks, snacks and diet sodas. I did *not* have to go driving to a convenience store just to have a soda in the evening. And I didn't have to pay mini-bar prices.

Yes, it's 100 degrees in the shade, but if your place of business cranks the AC down to 60 degrees in the office, you might be in the market for something warm to carry. There's a Target and Walmart within a couple of miles, but the Kohl's might be a better bet.

What else ... oh wait! What could I be thinking? Here's the best hint of all: You're in Austin, and you're less than 15 minutes away from Rudy's for the best Texas brisket on the planet. Seriously. There are two must-do stops in Austin--see the bats at sundown for a sight that you'll never forget as long as you live. And go to Rudy's for the Moist Brisket--a meal that you'll never forget as long as you live.

Hope this helps!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank 4allisons
Management response:Responded July 6, 2012

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your comments regarding the hotel ammenities and service. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again when you are in Austin.