“Nice room, nice stay, very enjoyable”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin North/Parmer Lane
Ranked #65 of 203 Hotels in Austin
New Braunfels, Texas
“Nice room, nice stay, very enjoyable”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

The room was nice, Marriott standard bedding which i liked. Big shower that fit me, and my partner, which is rare lol. The room was nice and cold and the AC worked great! I would definitely go back . The staff was very friendly and didn't seem to mind all of the "young kids" there for various shows and Marley Fest.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Kimgagnon, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin North/Parmer Lane, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. Apparently you stayed over one of the special event weekends in the city and appreciate your patience with all the kids. We hope to see you again when you find yourself spending the night in Austin.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Vienna, Virginia
Reviewed July 3, 2012

This is a *perfect* place for a business trip or drive-by with your family. It's not the Ritz, but it's also not Motel 7-1/2. Big rooms, nice staff, free wi-fi, and the bathrooms are nicely remodeled.

I'm reading the other reviews and people are complaining that there's no hot-tub, or that there's no body lotion, or no scrambled eggs in the morning. Yeesh. Maybe I'm unlucky, but I've stayed at a *lot* of places, and paid more per night, only to discover beds that I don't want to sleep in, linens that I don't even want to touch, bathrooms that I want to avoid, and places where I feel completely ripped off. This Fairfield Inn is 100% the opposite.

This is just what I want: Clean, spacious, and--I don't normally say this about a hotel--trustworthy. Nice desk to work at--with a PLUG in the lamp base and a hardwire ethernet cable. (No duh. Dell is just up the street.) Flat screen TV. Lights that I could figure out how to operate. :-) A nice little stand next to a wall outlet where I could recharge a cell phone (no more crawling around under the desk to find an outlet). One of those curvy shower curtain rods. A VERY nice shower head, and plenty of water pressure. Plenty-big towels. Sure I could hear some truck noise coming in through the bathroom vent when the fan wasn't on. Was that funny? Sure. Did it keep me up at night? Not for a nanosecond.

Frankly, on business, this is EXACTLY what I want. Predictable, and fairly priced. On travel with the family, this is *also* what I want. No surprises. And not ridiculously expensive. Body lotion? I can do without.

Hints? Let's see ...

They've got a refrigerator in the lobby that sells airport-priced drinks, snacks and diet sodas. I did *not* have to go driving to a convenience store just to have a soda in the evening. And I didn't have to pay mini-bar prices.

Yes, it's 100 degrees in the shade, but if your place of business cranks the AC down to 60 degrees in the office, you might be in the market for something warm to carry. There's a Target and Walmart within a couple of miles, but the Kohl's might be a better bet.

What else ... oh wait! What could I be thinking? Here's the best hint of all: You're in Austin, and you're less than 15 minutes away from Rudy's for the best Texas brisket on the planet. Seriously. There are two must-do stops in Austin--see the bats at sundown for a sight that you'll never forget as long as you live. And go to Rudy's for the Moist Brisket--a meal that you'll never forget as long as you live.

Hope this helps!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank 4allisons
, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin North/Parmer Lane, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your comments regarding the hotel ammenities and service. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again when you are in Austin.
Temple, Texas
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Hotel lobby looked really new. Staff was really nice. We got a king guest room which is somehwat smaller than other hotels I think but the room is nice. It looks like the ones in the pictures of the website although slightly smaller. The bathroom is big but does not have a bathtub. Free breakfast does not really have hot food but does have some Asian offerings (Miso soup, noodles). Did not have any problems with noise! Walls feel nice and solid.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Kimgagnon, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin North/Parmer Lane, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post feedback on your recent stay with us. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Austin.
Irving, Texas
Reviewed April 27, 2012

It is a good clean hotel for a stop. I stay in a lot of Fairfield Inns and I usually don't hear the rooms next door like this one. Maybe I'm just lucky. The room was typical and clean. They bed was very comfortable. The breakfast had hard boiled eggs instead of scrambled and cereal boxes which were negatives to me. It was on the low end of the Fairfield selections. However, I would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
We appreciate your candid feedback regarding your stay with us. I am sorry to hear you were disturbed by the guest in the adjacent room. As a brand Fairfield Inn will be revamping it's breakfast offerings in the first part of 2013. Hopefully the new breakfast will be just what you are looking for!
Reviewed April 25, 2012

I had stayed here before and thought it was ok. We stayed here again as this was the only hotel I could find at a decent cost. The interior is beautifully decorated, very modern however they use a very strong scent in the lobby, although it smells good its very overwhelming. We booked a suite and expected to have a large room but it was slightly bigger than average. There was alot of furniture cluttering the seating/living space. and the desk was in the corner by the wall. The beds were full and I wish they would have been queens. It was hard to keep the room at a decent temperature. It was either too cold or too hot. The pool is really small but on the positive side it was warm. The room towels and the pool towels looked like they had been there for years- very thin and small, not plush as promised. Breakfast was ok, It got really crowded due to the only REAL breakfast being waffles(one waffle maker) and microwaveable Jimmy Dean sandwiches so there was a really long line for both. It would have been nice to have a hot breakfast already made. All in all it was a decent stay however this would not be my first choice.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for providing such detailed feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We rely on candid comments such as yours to continually improve our guest experience.
Rye Brook, New York
Reviewed April 7, 2012

This property is located right off I-35 and highway 1 Loop. Close to shoping, The DOMAIN is only about two miles and 30 minutes from the airport. Downtown Austin is about 15mins. The hotel is appointed with modern details. Continental breakfast served daily from, hard boiled egg, microwavable sussage and hams eggmcmuffins you can even make your own waffles. Want it to go? Grab a grapefruit cup, yogurt or cereal bowl or whole fruit.

The king size bed had plenty of pillows, however, some of the fill was clumpy making it very uncorfortable to lay your your head on them. I requested to be moved to another room as something in that room was affecting my allergies. The night front desk could not move me after i checked in that night due to the proberty being fully booked. Oh yes! Not sure if this an ongoing or yearly event but there was some kind of all sports. Lots of noice, not able to enjoy the fitness ammenities, always crowed at all hours the pool closed at 10:30PM. Next morning i was moved to the 2nd floor. After moving, I requested extra pillow cases from the maid --ahhh fresh, clean and soft :-). Got some sleep. Third night was tough....lots of room parties on my floor, smoking odors of all kinds. Had some breakfast, the beast part of my stay.

Pros: modern decor, spacious room and bath, free wii fi, dedicated area in lobby to conduct bussiness calls, fitness room, swimming pool, friendly staff, free parking

Cons: unrully guests, lumpy pillows, no minibar, no body lotion or shower caps

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the front of the hotel or like me you'll face the dumpster and all truck t...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Kimgagnon, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin North/Parmer Lane, responded to this review, April 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide such detailed feedback regarding your recent stay with us here at the Fairfield Inn. We rely on candid comments such as yours to continuously improve our guest experience. We are very sorry to learn you did not have a restful stay while our guest.
Chicago
Reviewed March 2, 2012

We stayed here over a weekend. The hotel was very clean, looked brand new and the decor was very modern and contemporary. The room was better than even few Residence Inn rooms we've been in. We were put on the 5th floor- the noise from the road wasn't a huge issue though we faced the road (maybe we were too tired!!!). Breakfast selection was like any other - didn't have eggs- scrambled etc but they did have pre-made Jimmy Dean sandwiches. It's a good enough breakfast. I think you get your money's worth! When you stay here it's hard to imagine Fairfield is rated a 2 star in Marriott hierarchy! Great job to the staff there for their excellent service. There is a Springhill, a Residence Inn and this Fairfield all in the same place. It's kind of difficult to get to the Fairfield directly. You have to go around the Springhill and Residence inn to get to this.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Umsie
Kimgagnon, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin North/Parmer Lane, responded to this review, March 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at our Inn. We appreciate your feed back and hope to see you again when your travels bring you to Austin again!
Kim