“A little disappointed but a good deal”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin North/Parmer Lane
Ranked #45 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed August 1, 2011

I'm in Austin often and opted to stay at this Fairfield Inn instead of my usual one due to cost - quoted considerably less. It's a pretty new place in a good location with easy access to freeway, shopping and restaurants. Staff was great. The room faced the parking lot, so I didn't experience an issue with traffic noise. My biggest issue - I wasn't too impressed with cleanliness though I've certainly stayed at far worse. The shower had no water pressure but not too big a deal. I've got another reservation here in a couple of months, so I'll give it another try and hope this first stay was a fluke.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank bluehalo11

Reviewed June 25, 2011

This the 3rd different hotel in this area that I have stayed at recently. Like the other two it is a pretty good place to hang for a couple days. Shannon was very helpful with my phone reservation.
Room was nice and the breakfast was what you would expect at a fairfield.

I would not hesitate to come back.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank midsouthbuckeyes
Reviewed April 26, 2011

I stayed here for 5 nights and 6 days and I was thrilled! We were a younger group so I didn't want to stay in a stuffy grandma-esque Days Inn. The room was very colorful and contemporary and the mattress was soo much better than mine at home. When I made my reservation I told them I have allergies and I would love if they could use some anti-allergen cleaners or something of the sort. Upon checking in they informed they they went over the whole room with the cleaners and put a special pad on the bed ontop of the mattress.

The WiFi isn't the greatest, I admit it. But if you are on vacation for leisure this should not be an inconvience. The indoor pool was nice and warm and for whatever reason was not used much so we spent plenty of time in there. When the pool is was closed for cleaning, we went next door to another Marriott property which had an outdoor pool and a basketball court. We told the front desk clerk that we were checked in next door and if we could use their facilities. They had no problem which worked out so well that we had the ability to swim inside or outside based on the weather.

The contintental breakfast is much better than the stale muffins and mini boxes of Kellogs's that I am accustomed to. The hours are early though, we only made it one morning out of 6! But there are Jimmy Dean sandwhiches and mini quiches which I feasted on.

The front desk is very helpful. We went up there numerous times to find out local hangout spots and restuarant recommendations. One gentleman named Eddie was especially helpful and never complained when we went up to the desk with ANOTHER question. The housekeeping was spot on and all the houskeeping I ran into could all speak English which helped when we said "don't come in!" haha. There also was 2 policeman who kept night watch in the lobby and also would patrol the parking lot. I tend to be nervous about crime but I lost no sleep staying in this hotel.

Concerning the noise, it can be a little noisy. We were on the 5th floor which I am sure helped cut down the noise substaintally. Request a room facing the parking lot and on the highest floor you can (5th). This is a great hotel for a young family. Nice clear tv and cool decor. Not your grandma's hotel. I will be staying here again! :)

Room Tip: 5th floor, face the parking lot!!
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank FoodieVacationer90
Reviewed January 14, 2011

Everything was fine except for the noise. The hotel looked brand new, nicely decorated, and perfectly clean. Service was excellent. Unfortunately, there was literally no noise insulation between the rooms and to the outside. Highway noise was loud. Besides, the heater/cooler was terribly noisy. There was also not that much of the weather insulation either. It was very cold when I stayed there in January so I had to keep the noisy heater running, resulting in headache next day. I would not stay in that place ever, unless they soundproof it.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank OnBudgetTraveler
Reviewed January 9, 2011

What a pleasant surprise! for a last-minute one-night stay.

The whole place had a "hip" decor and seemed new and fresh. Our king room had a huge glassed in shower, but no tub. It was a really nice shower experience. The front desk clerks were friendly and helpful and the free breaksfast was a cut above what you normally get. The breakfast room was lovely, with tables plus a counter and barstools and a sofa and wing chairs and flat screen TV. There is also an indoor heated pool and a 24-hour workout room.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jayne1973Dallas_TX
Reviewed October 13, 2010

I stayed at this hotel with my family for one night. It is conveniently located right off the freeway. There are fast food restaurants nearby and other Marriott properties are located across the street (a Courtyard and a Residence Inn).

There isn't a microwave or refrigerator in the room, but it is clean and nicely decorated. The breakfast was fine - typical continental breakfast items as well as a make-your-own waffles. The breakfast area was kind of crowded, but we managed to grab a table.

I would recommend this hotel for a brief stay - you may want to choose a hotel with larger rooms and a microwave/refrigerator if you were going to be there more than a day or two.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank travel0ne
Reviewed May 25, 2010

When we arrived for a two-night stay the room was small but clean. I was awakened twice in the night by a loud party in an adjoining room. There was no sound insulation at all. The next morning we left for the day at 9 am and returned at 2 pm. The room had not been cleaned at all, no fresh towels, the bed not made, the floors and bathroom not cleaned. We waited until 4 pm, when we were leaving for the evening and the room had still not been cleaned. I called for housekeeping and was assured the room would be taken care of. We returned about midnight and the bed had been made. There were fresh towels, but the bath mat was not replaced and the floors and bathroom had not been touched. I will not be staying at this property again and will probably not use Fairfield Inns or any Marriot properties in the future.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple