Casulo Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Rodeway Inn(Austin)
  • Pool
View Hotel
Omni Austin at South Park(Austin)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewssoaking tubclose to downtownbeautiful roomstandard roomsitting areabreakfast was delicioussouth congressdowntown austintubscerealtexas
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 8, 2010

Convenient location (about a 10 minute drive to the Convention Center in rush-hour traffic), staff was very friendly and the rooms were newly renovated/modern. Free breakfast as well. Can't really ask for more for the price!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 4, 2010

Stayed here for a romantic night away from the kids and can't really fault the place. Had a Jacuzzi room which lived up to the pics on the website. The jacuzzi bath was wonderful and the bed (posturepedic memory foam according to the pleasant girl on the front desk) gave the best nights sleep ever. The room was spacious and spotlessly clean. Free breakfast was basic but acceptable. Pool was smallish but adequate. Close enough to the delights of town. Did I mention the bed.............?

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2010

New place. We had a petite suite - nice to have a tv in a separate area. Bed was great, bathroom wonderful (big tub, sep shower- a bit small), very clean, desk, nice couch, quiet (ask for room away from hiway), beautiful tiled area behind bed, empty small fridge to use (nice -not packed with overpriced junk). The window from the bathroom to the bedroom is a bit odd- I assume to improve 'visual flow/open-ness', but akward when sitting on the toilet, etc. There is a blind we had pulled down. I got the sense that the whole place suffered from iffy contractor(s) as there is obvious spackle messiness and paint mismatches around and there needs to be another piece of furniture or two in the lvg area and something else up on the walls there. Pool and hot tub and area very pleasant. Breakfast was basic.

Near the South Congress neighborhood (not close to dwntwn) but fine w/car. A bit clumsy getting there using the 1-way service roads alongside I-35 but easy once you figure it out.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank NewHavenTraveller
Reviewed September 20, 2010

The hotel worked great for a recent business trip - my Team was there for 4 days and while the hotel has a few rough the upsides were easily offset.
The Bartender did a great job keeping us happy and even though Austin has plenty of establishments to choose from we were content staying at the hotel a couple of nights and had great food as well.

I look forward to our next trip to Dr. Chen's Zen palace.....

Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 6, 2010

I did a lot of searching online before I actually picked a room for our getaway. I must say I loved this hotel!!! The receptionist was really nice and let us check in at 2 (usual check in time is 3) after she called around to the other employees to check if was ready for us. The room was a great size! The bed was VERY comfortable AND THE SHOWER - well, it was perfect. It had that waterfall faucet and the usual faucet coming from the wall; AMAZING! The tub was the perfect size to lay in and enjoy a hot bath, which I did. I read comments about not being able to get hot water but we didn't have that problem at all! The generous sized flat screen was nice too. The only thing I didn't like was that our view was of an apartment complex but that really isn't a big deal. This hotel was the perfect location for us. Downtown is so close! Casulo is right off of I-35 so everything is easy to get to. I can't comment on the free breakfast because we stayed up so late, there was no way we could get up and be ready before 10. Also, I forgot my laptop so I don't know how great the free wifi is. All in all - we had a great 2 night stay and when we return to Austin, this will definitely be our first choice.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple