“Nice Contemporary Hotel”
Review of Casulo Hotel

Casulo Hotel
Ranked #151 of 202 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed March 13, 2012

I loved this hotel. It is very contemporary in style. Soft beds, great walk in shower with dual rain shower heads. Loved the chaise lounge in my room. I stayed in a regular king room, but would love to get a suite next time. Beautiful lobby with bar. Continental breakfast is very limited tho.
Hotel is on the south end of town. So you can get to it before you hit most of the crazy traffic. Really close to St Edwards,a very short drive to downtown and UTSA.
Highly recommend and I will definetly stay again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank katwoman46

Reviewed February 22, 2012

This hotel has a lot of really nice modern features installed in an otherwise older building. Separate showers with waterfall showerheads, great art reproductions, and a sushi bar in the lobby, for example. The decor is an unusual mix, I don't have the design background to say if it is inspired or an unfortunate mishmash, but it is definitely unusual!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 20, 2012

The hotel and staff were wonderful! Everyone was very friendly, the room was lovely and clean. Me and my husband will definitely return

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed February 18, 2012

I was traveling on business, with my girlfriend, and this hotel was perfect for my budget, while providing a romantic environment, convenient to downtown. The hotel is small, yet stylish. The focus is on the stylish Asian influenced room. Large bed, well decorated room. The best part was the walk-in shower with the double shower head. Two can easily shower, while conserving water. The tub was very large, too. The staff was very friendly, and everything went smoothly from check-in to check out. The location is between Woodward Blvd and Oltorf, so it is very easy to get to and from downtown via Congress street. Casulo is the perfect option if you are not looking to spend a fortune and want something much better than a standard room and yet more affordable than the luxury hotels.

Room Tip: I selected the standard King and was very pleased
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 18, 2012

The hotel is not bad, the rooms are abnormally large and the staff friendly..Just at closer look the rooms need a little upkeep, nothing major. Location is out of the way a bit which is fine for me. Very small tv in bedroom- had to change rooms as the initial room had a tv in living room but not bedroom...need tv to sleep for me, especially when traveling.

Room Tip: If you prefer a tv in bedroom please request
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 2, 2012

My boyfriend and I were in town for a family reunion and it was such a treat to "get away" and stay in this hotel. Staff was very accommodating and the room makes you feel like you are getting away with a hugh upgrade. I loved the shower/bathtub room and enjoyed a bubble bath nightly. We loved the pillows and duvet so much I wrote the brand down to try and order the same online. It was so comfortable we didn't ever want to get up and move!! And the outdoor pool area was nice to just sit around and enjoy a couple glasses of wine;) We will definitely come back and recommend it to our friends!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 1, 2012

My wife and I stayed here on the last night of our visit to Austin. The hotel was very easy to find right off the freeway. I thought it was a nice touch having the front desk staff wear a traditional Japanese style clothing instead of the typical hotel uniform. The rooms look very nice and I loved the bathrooms. Very nice fixtures and the shower with dual shower heads was perfect. The big glass window from the bath to the room was a cool touch. This remodel had the right idea with the look and theme, but in my opinion the overall finishing was lacking some quality on the little details. I am overly critical though since I work for a different hotel company. I woke up a little late and found the continental breakfast unattended and 90% depleted. I was able to get some orange juice and cold cereal, but found it tricky to get it up to my room for both my wife and I since they had no trays to carry the breakfast on. The desk had no phone, but the toilet did??? is this a Japanese thing?

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple