“Not quite what I expected”

Piranha Killer Sushi
Ranked #214 of 3,853 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Between 2nd and 3rd St.
Description: Piranha Killer Sushi is a premier dining destination for exquisite sushi and cuisine. KILLER SUSHI - KILLER DRINKS - KILLER ATMOSPHERE Piranha Killer Sushi serves up a twist on Japanese cuisine by fusing flavors of the Pacific Asian Rim into traditional classics as well as unique signature dishes. Piranha Killer Sushi has locations in North Arlington, South Arlington, Flower Mound, Fort Worth, Austin and San Antonio with more locations on the way. Stellar guests relations and customer service is our goal as well as connecting and giving back to our communities. Piranha Killer Sushi has partnered with charities such as The Boys & Girls Club, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, March of Dimes and many more as well as conducting annual toy and canned food drives. We Welcome You to Piranha Killer Sushi!
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

I love sushi and was expecting regular sushi when visiting this restaurant. What we got was sushi with a little extra kick (various hot peppers) in many of the rolls. Don't get me wrong...it was very good...just not what I was accustomed to. Everything was very good. I'd go again.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

We ordered a sashimi dish ($29.95), udon ($11.95) and some rolls. Portion size was good and the food was delicious. I highly recommend this. It's a trendy, kid-friendly restaurant in a great location.

Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

The tempura was perfect... hot, crisp and lots of flavor, especially the red bell pepper. Signature rolls are unique and awesome. Just this right serving size.

Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

Went in for lunch. Started w miso soup. It was good, but just lukewarm. The sushi was great. Had forget it roll, marry me and Chaka rolls. All wonderful! Server was not the friendliest but service was good.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

we recently went to piranha sushi for the first time and it left us wondering why we had never been there before. its just a couple blocks from my work and we are downtown all the time. the drink and menu selections were awesome - so many good things to choose from. the rolls were varied in texture and style but the quality was excellent in all of them. can't wait to go back!