“Sunday Funday!”

and up
Austin Street Art Segway Tour
Ranked #25 of 95 Tours in Austin
More attraction details
Owner description: From 6th Street to the State Capitol you'll be amazed at what you'll learn about the heart of Texas & what keeps Austin weird.
Pflugerville, Texas, United States
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Sunday Funday!”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Traded in a lazy Sunday afternoon to check out a historic Austin tour on a Segway. After getting some quick training (basics are all that's needed) the small group (8 including guide) ventured out on sixth street, throughout Downtown and Townlake. Even though I've lived here many years, it was a lot of fun exploring the city on this two wheel machine. Even managed to snap a bunch of pics with my Nikon SLR and phone camera. Guide stopped and checked on the group periodically to make sure no one was left behind. Also great about pointing out upcoming turns, etc. it was a lot of fun that I would recommend anyone to try, even locals. Capped the adventure with drinks and bar bites at the Driskell.

Visited December 2013

Mckinney
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Pure Fun!!!!”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I took the 2.5 hour ultimate tour and I had a lot of fun. Cruising downtown Austin riding a Segway was a lot of fun. They have different tours depending on what your interest is. You can get an informative tour of the city or one that is more oriented to the fun of riding the segway.

Denver
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“A fun time!”
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

If you want to take a tour of downtown Austin, or want to learn to ride a Segway, why not do both at the same time? After a brief demonstration of how to operate a Segway and some practice in the SegCity storefront, we set out for a leisurely 2 1/2 hour tour around town. After a hesitant first several minutes, we all became more comfortable with the Segway and were able to relax and enjoy the experience. We stopped often for explanations of local history and lore, which included a 15 minute stop at the Texas capital building for a self-guided tour of the rotunda area. We got lots of envious looks and smiles as we rode around town. Our guide was encouraging and enthusiastic and kept us all moving at a slow but reasonable pace. It was quite a unique experience. There are a couple of other Segway tour companies in Austin that I didn't try, but SegCity met all my expectations.

New Jersey
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 170 helpful votes
“Fun Way to See Most of Downtown Austin”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

A great experience, was able to see most of downtown, capital, Congress St. and over the river too.

A fun way to travel and a good experience for our group.

Guide was not the best with history, but kept the 90 minutes fun.

1 Thank MPCLDC
Los Angeles, California
“SegCity is the best! Fun, Informative, & Enjoyable!”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I used to live in Austin, and I would ALWAYS take visiting friends and family on a segway tour here. The guides are all really fun and personable people who make sure you feel comfortable riding the machine if it's your first time or if you're nervous. Since I've gone several times, I've gotten to do pretty much every tour they offer. The cruise is perfect for people who don't want to listen and just ride, and the 2.5hr tour is perfect for people like my parents who want to hear the history of a city and see all the sights. They're always happy to give you the kind of tour experience you're looking for. Plus, riding a segway is the best way to get around town! I have no complaints about this place and would recommend it to anyone in a heartbeat.

Visited July 2013