“Awesome experience!!”

WoodSpring Suites Austin North I-35
Ranked #16 of 40 Specialty Lodging in Austin
Reviewed April 25, 2014

From January to April 2014 I was pleased to call Value Place my home away from home. I won't bore you with naming the countless times I witness the staff going above and beyond in their service. I am a very picky person when it comes to cleaning and I was NEVER disappointed at ANY of the rooms or public areas Value Place at Braker has to offer. I highly recommend giving this place a second look.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to noise, request a room on the bottom floor. (As in all +1 story buildings)
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Been here almost 2 weeks. Never had a phone line for 911. Internet is slower than molasses. They charge for local calls. The maid never came around. I travel a lot. By far this is the worse one. The TV turns off constantly. If the kitchen light works the one in the BR doesn't. Somebody broke into my truck and left door open. Manager said that looking at video would not help,
Do not come here if you expect to get what the contract says.

Room Tip: Do not come here.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We just finished a six-month stay and we have been very pleased. It is bare bones but comfortable and the staff is fabulous . . . friendly and helpful. I think of them as friends and neighbors. These folks are always cleaning . . the halls and the grounds outside. The guests are from a variety of backgrounds . . . white collar and blue collar. By and large the other guest were solid, hard-working folks.

The walls could stand to be a bit thicker. But that is like any shared wall dwelling. Some neighbors may be loud while others are so quiet you wonder if they are there.

VP (Braker) is well located. Ample food and services are located within a couple of miles. (Make sure you find Rio Grande for breakfast tocos.)

Bottom line: Give it a try. It feels safe. It's clean as a whistle. It is run by a great staff. The location is great . And the price is right. Just don't expect the Hyatt.

Room Tip: Get a room in the back of the hotel.. No highway traffic noise.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank dad s
Reviewed July 20, 2012

We have stayed at this property on 2 previous occasions and were very pleased with the setup of the rooms, customer service, etc. This year's stay was anything but pleasant. Our upstairs neighbor paced back and forth (or ran back and forth) all evening long the first night we were there. We reported the problem twice that evening. On the second evening, the running, bumping, thumping began again, this time much louder. Again, we reported the problem...and was told that a "three-year-old child" was making the noise. The tone was that WE were unreasonable for expecting a small child to be quiet. Is it too much to ask that your upstairs guest be considerate of others in the units surrounding them? Every evening from 7-10 p.m. the running and bumping continued. We decided to tolerate the problem, as it was obvious that nothing would be done to stop the problem once and for all. Another problem involved getting clean towels. We were told it would be over an hour before we could get clean linens. Why? One should expect that sometime during the stay your guest might like to have a clean set of towels and a clean bath mat to use. In short, we were very disappointed with our stay at Value Place, and will make it a point to tell others about our problems during this visit. I am a member of a professional teacher's organization, and we are always asked to find reasonably-priced accommodations when we are in Austin. Sorry, Value Place, but you didn't make the cut this time.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Elizabeth K
Reviewed March 3, 2012

This is the second hotel in this chain we've stayed in. Granted, it is bare bones but you can stay a week for what most places charge for three nights. Add to this that you get a full (though small) kitchen and it's a bargain. Just go into it knowing what you're getting. You have a kitchen but now pots and pans or dishes. We bring a toaster and coffee maker as they are not provided. There are no hand towels or dish towels. And if you run out of TP, better gt to the store before nature calls again. However, it is clean, well maintained and cheap. Both we've been to were in safe areas and the staff are courtious. There are only double beds so we usually get the suite with two beds so we can get a good night's sleep.

Room Tip: Be sure to turn in a sheet 24 hours (or more) before leaving stating your intention to vacate. This...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank TransplantedBuckeye
Reviewed February 5, 2012

The hotel fails to provide one of the most basic things: A good night's sleep. Whatever time you neighbor's alarm clock goes off is when you'll wake up. The walls are that thin. Whatever time the people in the room above you get up or come home, is when you will wake up. Normal walking in the room above comes through loud and clear. Likewise with opening and closing of cabinets, drawers and doors. There seems to be no insulation in the construction. You hear the TV from next door. The garbage truck comes by very early, beeping and banging. I am not a light sleeper and normally have no trouble sleeping at hotels. This one was ridiculous.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
VPbrakerlane, General Manager at WoodSpring Suites Austin North I-35, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2012

I hate to see a guest leave a review like this. We are truly sorry you did not enjoy your stay. I would encourage any get to let us know if something is not correct do we may fix this issue. I know we are the best value in town. We are very clean and safe. We pride our selfs on how clean our rooms are kept. After each guest we shampoo carpets change all bedding and even put up new shower curtains. We have a 24 hour staff to address any of these issues and we hope people will utilize our staff to take care of any conserns. Please come have a tour and get to know our great staff and hotel.

Reviewed October 29, 2011

Excellent rooms, clean, neat and affordable. People in the building are very nice too. Would definately recomend for a budget minded traveler.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business