“This place will exceed your expectations!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Austin
Casa Kenwood Guesthouses
Ranked #14 of 36 Austin B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 15, 2012

This is truly a home away from home, except better, unless you already have a koi pond and small woodland in your backyard. The artsy Casa Azul was roomy enough for my family of 6. The location was absolutely perfect for us. I so enjoyed being to just pull up and go through our front door- no lobby, elevators, or long hallways to deal with. Another thing you got here that you can't get at hotels? A gazillion movie channels! Folks, this is crucial with 4 kidlets. (The only thing I wished for was a newer flat screen TV.) It was such a pleasure to stay here, and another reason I fell in love with Austin, that I literally hated to leave! Unequivocally, we would stay here again, and would go out of our way to.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Trixiekiddo

Reviewed August 4, 2012

Casa Kenwood is a pair of photo studios converted to guest cottages. We stayed in Studio Azul, which had a full kitchen and bath, with a king-sized bed and a futon big enough for our 8 year old son. Eclectic decor and an outdoor sitting area with koi pond enhanced the tranquil experience. We were adjacent to the South Congress area, near downtown and UT, and paid about as much as we would for a hotel. But we had peace and quiet, privacy, and a much larger living area. We will be staying here every time we come to Austin!

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank JessHornsby
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I loved every inch of space there.So much thought was put into making it feel like your in another world .A really really good world!I loved all the trees in your backyard oasis!If I were you I would plan on chillin right there at casa Kenwood amap!Lots of great photo ops!It's so interesting,every day I noticed something different!It's world class and the host's were equally world class!So clean and comfortable not to mention close to everything.It's hard to believe this little slice exists so close to the city!I went with some of my closest friends and felt completely safe there!I highly reccomend to anyone thinking about going to Austin,Yeehaw! Amy

Room Tip: It's all good!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 1, 2012

My wife and I moved to Georgetown, TX three years ago and have stayed in several places downtown, but none can hold a candle to Casa Kenwood. We fell in love with this place from the moment we stepped through the front door. Studio Azul is a beautifully designed work of art from a couple who genuinely cares about their guest's comfort and privacy. So many personalized details have gone into the interior design, including hand-painted table tops and cabinets, intricate tile work, and personal art pieces as well as countless unique lighting and decorating details which have transformed the place into a smart, sophisticated dwelling away from home. Also, the landscaping on the back property is wonderful for enjoying some peace and solitude, only minutes from downtown Austin. Compare their very reasonable prices to many other smaller, more expensive places along South Congress and I think you'll agree that Casa Kenwood is the place to be.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I booked the Azul Studio at Casa Kenwood a few years ago when I was in town for work and it is everything the other reviewers say it is -- eclectic, funky, and a welcome relief from the typical hotel fare. I loved it the moment I walked in.

Unfortunately, after just one night in Azul, the owner asked me to decamp to the tiny Roja instead (with no reduction in price), because he said he had a group coming in and they would not fit in Roja. So, I was asked to move. I made the best of it.

I will be returning to Austin this coming October for work and thought I would again stay at Casa Kenwood. This time, the owner charged my credit card for a FULL WEEK, six months prior to the visit!! I cancelled the entire reservation but it took nearly a month to get the refund. American Express tells me he actually charged me twice, then refunded the amount twice, but shorting me $10.00 in the process. What a nightmare. It has taken me three months to get it all straightened out with Amex.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank AlexaAshe
Reviewed July 16, 2012

So, I am originally from Texas but have not been back to Austin in a very long time. This was my wife's first time, and I wanted to stay somplace close to everything. I should say that one should almost always rent a car when staying anywhere in Texas. However, we only had three days at Roja, and we decided to cab it. Honestly, Travis Heights is a great location for this. About $10 average cab ride to almost all of the Austin Hotspots.

Andrew and Christine are very gracious. We booked everything through Andrew and Christine greeted us and was running the place while we stayed there. She was very friendly and thoughtful and the 3 dogs were great ambassadors for the place. Roja was clean, cozy, air conditioned (trust me that is important) and surrounded by nature. We even had foxes running on our roof one night. This is a romantic little getaway that is perfect for staying in (kitchenette allows for cooking your own meals) or to use as a base for exploring the great city of Austin. I have to say that this place was quintessential Austin. Quirky and fun. Sure I had to kill a spider or two and there is a small tv and old radio. But it all comes in a superb package.

To sum up, we would definitely recommend Casa Kenwood for a relaxing, quirky, romantic place to stay while in Austin.

Room Tip: Azul seems more spacious for larger groups but Roja is perfect for a romantic couple getaway.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank aliasbcc
Reviewed June 16, 2012

This is the type of place(both rojo and azul) that makes you wish you lived there. The tranquil sounds of the forest exist right here in the middle of the city. It is cozy, eclectic, and cool. We were part of a group that came in from Pittsburgh and Atlanta and we loved it. Our week stay was peaceful and rejuvenating. Never again will I stay at a stuffy hotel in downtown.
If you love art, trees, birds, and everything that is not a strip mall mentality, then this is your place.
Thank you Casa staff, I cannot thank you enough for your attentive and timely service.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends