“Hands Down the Most Comfortable and Dog Friendly Place in Austin”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Austin
Casa Kenwood Guesthouses
Ranked #13 of 35 Austin B&B and Inns
Plano, Texas
“Hands Down the Most Comfortable and Dog Friendly Place in Austin”
Reviewed May 7, 2012

We LOVE Casa Kenwood! The first time we stayed there was this past Thanksgiving (2011) which also happened to be my thirtieth birthday. We = myself, my boyfriend and our playful Jack Russell Terrier. We could not have had a better time! It was an awesome get away from Dallas, it was relaxing, inviting and oh so convenient. In fact, we enjoyed it so much we visited again in February when a friend from Florida came into town to check out Austin for the first time. She loved it just as much as we did (not sure how she couldn’t). We also recommended this place to a friend of ours who has a German Shepard and they raved about it upon their return to Dallas. We are returning yet again in a couple of weeks when my parents fly in from Florida.

All the times we have visited we have stayed in the Casita Roja which offers amazing views and adequate accommodations for up to four people. Although it may be a bit of a squeeze there is plenty of space outdoors and trust me that’s where you will want to be on this property. We did tour the Casa Azul, and we were impressed, it would be an excellent couples retreat.

The neighborhood itself is quite beautiful and there are bikes on property to be able to tour the city. There are tennis courts within walking distance not to mention also within walking distance is South Congress and Auditorium Shores park with the most awesome off leash dog park around! Whole Foods, restaurant row, food truck park and downtown are a very short car ride or taxi ride away (like seriously all within 5 mins. tops). Andrew (the owner) has some great suggestions of places off the beaten path and he and his wife are more than willing to help in any way possible, just ask!

This is our go to retreat when visiting Austin. I really can’t imagine a better place to spend our time in Austin.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NattyBach

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 28, 2012

I have recently returned from a week's stay at Casa Kenwood ( Studio Azul) and can't sing its praises enough!! It is in a great location in a leafy suburb only 15 mins walk from funky S.Congress and bus routes further afield, and is paradise! Roomy, well appointed and immaculately clean, it's uniqueness is not done justice by the photos on the website and it has to be seen to be believed. The garden is a huge bonus, too, perfect for some "down time". The owners are helpful but discreet and their dogs so sweet! I will definitely stay here again when I next visit Austin.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
San Francisco, California
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Stayed in the Casita Roja for 2 nights in March. It's cozy, but very cool, there are so many unique touches throughout the casita. Felt just like staying at home, except I wish my place was as nice as this one. The grounds are amazing, great change of pace if you are seeking some peace and quiet compared to the busy downtown area. Only a short 15-20 minute walk to the SoCo district where there are some great places to eat and shop. I had a late flight returning home and the owner, Andrew, was kind enough to let me store my luggage after checking out, so I was able to do some last minute souvenir shopping. Overall, it was a great place to stay and would love to stay again next time I'm in Austin.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Austin, Texas
Reviewed February 1, 2012

Very cool experience. We stayed in the Studio Azul. Super comfortable. We were two adults, two elementary kids. The place was big and roomy and perfect for a couple of days or a week.

There is a fold out futon in addition to the very comfy king size bed, and the owner, Andrew S, also provided a roll up mattress that is perfect for a kid. The grounds and outside space were very inviting. The seating area inside beckons you to relax and chill out. There's a coffee maker, kettle, fridge, stove, microwave.

I would stay there again, or recommend it for friends or family if you don't have a guest room and live in the neighborhood.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I stayed in Studio Azul for just over two weeks and it was a home away from home. It is completely quirky, but not at the expense of cleanliness or amenity. The guesthouse is in a really quiet neighbourhood, but within easy walking distance from South Congress, downtown etc. Studio Azul has a king-sized bed, which is just divine, and a fully-functional kitchen. I cooked most meals - there is a great little store called Farm to Market on South Congress, just two blocks south of the intersection of Congress and East Monroe street (opposite the food vans). I'm an active person, so I enjoyed walking and cycling in the Travis Heights neighbourhood, which is pretty hilly. There are bikes on site, but I was cycling about 20 or so kms a day, so I needed something faster - if you want some recommendations see my other reviews. I will be back!

Room Tip: Studio Azul is more modern, Casita Roja has a better view