“Cool Atmosphere, Delicious Clean Food”
Review of Galaxy Cafe

Galaxy Cafe
Ranked #533 of 3,971 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We love the ease of Galaxy Cafe. The whole family can be arguing about foods then go into Galaxy and everyone is pleased. My favorite is the turkey burger with sweet potatoes. My husband loves the shrimp spinach salad. They have an excellent wine list. The owner is so groovy and comes around to the tables to make sure you are happy with your food. We will go back time and time again.

Reviewed February 5, 2012

Nice place for a low key family meal that won't break the wallet.

Reviewed June 21, 2010

Our party of 6 really enjoyed the Galaxy. Quite a variety of sandwiches to choose from, and the sides are varied. The fresh fruit and mashed sweet potatoes were excellent. My fresh mozzarella and tomato sandwich was quite good. Atmosphere is like a diner, but pleasant and clean.

Reviewed December 11, 2009

When taking my not-so-foodie bro out to dine in Austin, this was a perfect option when looking for something minimal and a not-so-killing my colon, Mexican. Despite the hipster atmosphere that is Austin, it is in essence, a diner indeed. I have to agree with most and say that the sweet potato fries were spectacularly fried, crisp, and sweet. However, the promise of a delicious prosciutto, mozzarella, and pesto mayo on a toasted French baguette, was a little disappointing when it was clear that this French baguette reminded me of Subway; barely toasted and obvious that it had been sitting out since sometime this afternoon. Turkey meatloaf with peppers was a hit on the bro's end. So, for a decent bite, do it. For something particularly satisfying, there are better options.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed October 23, 2009

I don't just love this place because it's around the corner from me in Clarksville...it's just a fun little diner. Quality food, if a little pricey. Fantastic salads and old style blue plate specials.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Been to Galaxy Cafe? Share your experiences!