“Cute place for snacks, coffee, and lunch”

Walton's Fancy and Staple
Ranked #119 of 3,816 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed January 16, 2014

We were walking by and they had a few tables outside. Some woman was getting her mercedes towed out front so we sat down to watch the show. We decided to go inside and was pleasantly suprised with all of the great goodies. The tow turned out to be uneventful, but the upside is we discovered this place.

Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

We had heard good things about this Sandra Bullock-owned eatery and we were not disappointed! We ordered lattes (which were delicious) and entrees (shrimp & grits and biscuits & gravy - both of which were incredibly savory and yummy) and then stuck around for desserts (macaroons and other goodies). We went on a Saturday for lunch and it wasn't very crowded so that was nice. We truly enjoyed our time at Walton's and are definitely planning to go back and bring friends!

Reviewed December 31, 2013

I've only been to Walton's to buy whole loaves of their whole wheat bread, which I had in a sandwich at another restaurant and then tracked down because it's THE BEST BREAD I'VE EVER TASTED. It's not apparent from the menu board that they sell loaves, but they do. I never thought I'd happily spend $7 on a loaf of bread, but I do. Happily. I'd love to try out their brunch offerings sometime, but until then I'll be popping in every now and again for the bread. (Did I mention that it's FANTASTIC?)

Reviewed December 15, 2013

This retro cute cafe/florist/gift store is delightful. It's moniker 'Perishable, Cherishable, Fetishable' made us curious enough to head inside. Once there, the atmosphere & retro styling hooked us. The salads & wraps were delicious, fresh & well priced. The cake display was outstanding, but we'll have to go back a second time to fit some in. Service was friendly & patient, especially when I asked for a second shot of decaf espresso as my cafe au lait had no coffee flavour - think warm creamy milk with a wave of coffee on top.
We'll be back there a 2nd time, & we've only got 3 days here.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

I love there special Friday Shrimp Po' Bo so much. They always have fresh baked from oven everyday and there desserts are excellent