“Good food. Pleasant atmosphere.”

Walton's Fancy and Staple
Ranked #135 of 3,869 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We visited this charming little restaurant for breakfast and would visit again if in the area. You order at a counter and your food is brought to you. Never having been in before and not wanting to hold up the line we asked for guidance from the staff who were very helpful with recommendations. I had the shrimp and grits which was spicy but good. My husband had eggs and bacon, and was also happy. In an old building, the decor is funky, eclectic and comfortable. The place was busy, and my take on the clientele is that they were mostly local regulars who ranged from families with small children to seniors. That combination usually means a place is a sure bet, and it was for us.

Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

Lots to chose from. Reminds me of Panera Bread but more personal. Same type of food, but more cozy Had Latte and sticky bun both were very good

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Love the way this place is decorated and all the little knick-knacks they had for sale. I bought some delicious-looking peanut butter doggie treats for $3. Lunch was very good, I had a salad sampler. The only reason I didn't give them a "very good" rating is I had to buy additional bread for the egg salad.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Varied menu...won't find it anywhere else. They also are a florist...go figure. Good food and unique combinations. Breakfast is great...the fresh baked good are super!

Reviewed May 14, 2012

At 6th and Guadelupe in the middle of Austin, a great coffee place in what used to be an old warehouse. Nice coffee, I liked the biscuits with sausage gravy and the scones.