“A big fan”

$74.69*
2-hour Glance of Austin Guided Tour
Ranked #30 of 335 things to do in Austin
More attraction details
Owner description: This bronze statue commemorates the life and music of singer/songwriter Stevie Ray Vaughan.
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Being a huge fan of SRV from Australia this was one of my "bucket list" photos. It actually took a while to find after asking several people for directions which perhaps they could put a few small signs to help with that, but it was well worth it when we found it, I've seen the statue so much on photos and it was wonderful to see it and get some great photos myself.

1  Thank David G

Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

It is along a great trail. I wouldn't go out of my way to see it. It is just a statue. No grand landscaping or tribute just a statue.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

I guess he was an icon of the city and I never embraced his music while he was living. Happend upon this place while out on a run. Someone put roses in his hand. Maybe a mecca for his fans that are still alive?

Reviewed January 7, 2014

The statue is on Auditorium Shores next to the dog park. You will see it most often being passed by dogs and runners. However, the plinth is in a hollow so if it has rained or the lawns watered.. you will find a stagnate puddle.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

This is something I never thought I'd see. But here I was, standing in front of this amazing statue.

SRV means a great deal to many, but the reality is, he was simply one of the finest guitarists who ever lived.
Austin, where he cut his teeth, and this, the very park where he and his brother used to chill with friends, beer and BBQ - it just all seems so fitting.

Rock and Blues history 1-0-1 go visit...