“Hamilton Pool Visit”

Ranked #160 of 202 Hotels in Austin
Plano, Texas
“Hamilton Pool Visit”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Once again Choice comes through on a comfortable, clean and relaxing stay. juan was very helpful and gave me a deal on our room. Hotel was clean and I had aa very relaxed stay and good nights sleep. breakfast was good but I think the dining area was a little small for the amount of guest that may stay there. overall very pleased again.

Room Tip: Get to breakfast early due to the size of the dinning area
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Stayed Just one night so really wasn't expecting much out of it.. quiet hotel friendly staff. Everything was fine, only complaint was my friend and I had to wait about 20 mins for front desk to appear to check us out.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Thomas O, General Manager at Quality Suites Downtown South, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Good day!

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. It is with this information that we are able to improve our service and facility, so thanks again for taking time from your schedule to help us improve. I am sorry no one was at the front desk to check you out in a timely manner, I have addressed this issue with my staff.

We hope you consider staying with us again the next time you are in Austin.
GM
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed April 4, 2014

My three-night stay at this hotel was fine. I stayed here from March 25, 2014 - March 28, 2014. My rate was $80 per night.

Room -

I was given a room on the 2nd floor. It had a king size bed, a desk, flat screen television, small refrigerator, sofa, etc. The room set-up was nice. The bed linens and pillows were very comfortable. The shower water temperature got very hot and the water pressure was good. The bathroom tub has experienced some wear and tear and could use some updating, but it was clean. Wi-Fi in the room was rather slow, but complimentary.

The visible floor air conditioner unit made the room very cold, but was somewhat noisy. I could also occasionally hear the traffic on Interstate 35, which sits directly behind the hotel.

Service -

Service was overall fine - I had a very brief interaction with the female that checked me in. The check-out process was very quick. I think I was assisted by the manager (a male). He was nice and friendly. I needed to mail something and he happily printed off directions to the nearest United States Post Office for me.

Hotel Information -

The hotel has 50 rooms and is three stories tall. The lobby is pretty small. I did not eat the breakfast or use any of the amenities, so I am unable to comment on any of those things. There is a computer and printer in the lobby where you can print out your boarding pass for free.

Area near Hotel -

The hotel is directly off of busy and chaotic Interstate 35. It is not a very pretty area, but it is not far from downtown Austin or Austin-Bergstrom International Airport. There are many other hotel chains around it, but not really any restaurants you could walk to. There is a Bank of America directly across the street and a gas station directly behind the hotel. There is also Chick-fil-A, Starbucks, Walmart and other national retailers not too far.

The hotel was clean and comfortable. If my travels ever bring me back to this part of Austin and the rate is good, I would consider staying here again.

Room Tip: A room in the front of the hotel (away from noisy Interstate 35).
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank UCFKnightsFan
Thomas O, General Manager at Quality Suites Downtown South, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
Thank you for the very detail oriented review of our property! I am grateful for this insight as it gives other travelers a chance to know all he inns and outs of our property! Again, thank you for choosing to stay with us and for giving such an awesome review!
Have a great day!
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Stayed one night. The staff was very accommodating, getting us two rooms together with a handicapped room. Nice furnishings. We enjoyed our stay very much. Didn't use the pool or exercise room, but the facilities looked nice.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thomas O, General Manager at Quality Suites Downtown South, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Hello and Happy New Year,
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Without guest feedback, we have no way of knowing what we are doing right or wrong, so again thank you. I have passed on the praise to my staff as well.

Have a great day!
GM Comfort Suites Austin, Tx
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

This is a good alternative to paying $200+ for a downtown hotel. Just a few minutes south of downtown on I-35. Hotel is tired but clean and rooms are comfortable. Front desk staff was very acommodating in letting me check in early after a redeye flight. Not much around hotel, eateries a few minutes by car. Request a room in front of building. Back faces I-35 and road noise.

• Stayed October 2013
Thomas O, General Manager at Quality Suites Downtown South, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Dear Michael,

Thank you for taking the time to complete an online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I have stayed at 95+ Choice Hotel Properties thus far in 2013: This Comfort Suite is okay, seems like older property but clean none the less. It passed my barefoot rule (would I walk barefoot across carpet). The indoor pool was not heated, my grandkids were not too happy about that. I typically stay at newer property further south, but they were sold out. This property seemed a bit over priced, but it is in Austin at a major interchange. I do not think I would stay here again possibly giving Choice properties further North a chance. Typically when the sign on the outside of the property is in need of repair that is a good barometer of what you will find inside.

Room Tip: Try and get on third floor that way you will not awake at 2 am hearing footsteps above you.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thomas O, Manager at Quality Suites Downtown South, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Dear Mr. Charlie H.,

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. The sign is soon to be repaired as well as many exciting renovations to begin in January 2014, including the pool heater.

New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Reviewed October 24, 2013

This is an older hotel but has clean rooms and nice furnishings. A fairly comfortable bed and friendly staff. Housekeeping staff was short on our 2nd day and so we had to ask manager to have our room cleaned at around 2:30 pm. She came right away though. They only had 1 maid on duty for a large 3-story hotel. Our door key cards wouldn't work on the 2nd day so the manager had to re-key them. Breakfast was just okay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Michael,

Thank you for taking the time to complete an online review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.