“A pearl in the center of South Congress”

Perla's Seafood and Oyster Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Perla's Seafood and Oyster Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #80 of 3,992 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Gibson
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Sorry for the pun, but this is a great place. The oysters are fresh and the shuckers are extremely helpful. Try the bouillabaisse - to die for. Can be difficult to get seating during prime hours. Outdoor patio lots of fun and a great place to sit o for people watching.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

We visited Austin for fun weekend away. We popped in after shopping for a quick bite, I wanted to stay and eat more but we had reservations elsewhere.

We did a tour of oysters and the ones from Nova Scotia were by far the best, but all were yummy! The cocktails were delicious too.

Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

Went here based on a local recommendation as several of us in austin for a business meeting. Great waiter, outstanding seafood, outstanding service. Everyone enjoyed the variety of fab appetizers and entrees. Stay with the seafood. Good wine selections. Good choice for dinner. Not fancy.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

I used to live in Florida, and I always ate at a restaurant that doesn't serve frozen seafood and I can name a few. Since I moved to Austin, I thought it would be difficult to find fresh seafood, Perla's is the second one so far for the 5 years I have been here that I have eaten and is fresh. It is pricey, but that's how much it costs to please your taste buds with something really good or spend less and get a frozen piece of smelly fish. The ambiance and service is so so.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

I was very impressed with the breadth and depth of the menu, running the gamut of fish and seafood preparations. My tuna was high-quality and seared perfectly. My colleagues lobster roll was delicious. The service was friendly, though oddly formal. We had a perfectly lovely meal, but I thought the entree prices were a bit high.