“Excellent Spot For Lunch/Brunch”

Perla's Seafood and Oyster Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Perla's Seafood and Oyster Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 3,737 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Gibson
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Excellent Spot For Lunch/Brunch”
Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

The food was excellent, service was friendly and professional and we enjoyed the ambiance. My wife had a lobster frittata. There was a lot of lobster in the frittata and, unlike many places where you order a dish with lobster, it had wonderful lobster flavor. I had French Toast. It was the best I have ever had. It was a thick piece of brioche that was delicious topped off with coconut sorbet. The sorbet was an unusual accompaniment but it was a great counterbalance to the sweetness of the maple syrup. I also thought the maple syrup was the best I ever had, not too syrupy and sweet but just a perfect blend. We had a side of bacon that was excellent as well.

Visited May 2013

Orange County, California
“Surprisingly good”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

A little confused by the Austinite's preference for patio seating - especially if there is not only no view of any sort, but actually an outdoor street setting... in spite of whatever trees and plants, there is no avoiding traffic noise and the emissions from cars. I am mystified at the locals wanting to inhale these odours while eating an excellent meal!
We opted to sit inside, and the service, food, ambiance and peace were exactly what made our evening memorable. I would recommend this restaurant on those features, but not on outdoor al fresco dining in Texan temperatures and traffic.
We enjoyed an exceptional meal with excellent service - and no pollution. Noise or other. Worth doing!

• Visited May 2013
Austin, Texas
“Tasty Oysters- Good Casual Pick ...”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

On a Thursday night in May this place was packed- and the food tells no lies. Great, fresh oysters and a fantastic Sancerre made for a nice, casual dinner after a night watching The Whiskey Sisters blow out The Continental Club. Service was crisp and professional. Atmosphere is what holds this place back- tables can be cramped and every time I have eaten here I have found the temperature noticeable- too hot or too cold. Weird that I would remember that but I do and that holds me back a bit. Awesome summer patio for those looking to hang and people watch on So. Congress!

• Visited May 2013
Victoria,TX
“Wonderful Brunch”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We had a group of 8 for Saturday Brunch....no buffet, just a menu! All dishes were wonderful.... 3 lunch items, and 5 breakfast items. I had the Big Blue Banana and Bacon....the waiter warned me that it was LARGE....and it was! About a 14 inch delicious banana flavored pancake, was topped with blueberries, bacon, and a dollop of whipped cream.....yummy! It was enhanced by their special margarita....what a great beginning to a fun filled day!

• Visited April 2013
Mexico City, Mexico
“Great Oyster Bar”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I visited Perla´s a couple of times and the food is excellent!!
Great selection of oysters and food in general, the ambiance is great and really comfortable to have lunch or dinner.

• Visited November 2012