“Oysters!!!!”

Perla's Seafood and Oyster Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Perla's Seafood and Oyster Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #84 of 3,972 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Gibson
Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

You have to do the oysters and you have to try the snapper. The Brussels sprouts were very good also. I know that past statement sounds crazy but try them. It is not cheap but the service ( Molly) was world class!!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Celebrated my side kick's birthday with seafood in mind. I made reservations the day before and the only available openings were at 5:30 or 9:30. My mistake for calling the day before. So we took the 9:30 slot. Arrived on time but we waited at the bar for 15 min for our table. The place was packed! We didn't mind at all because the beverages were good and the fresh West coast oysters were delicious. This was only the second time I had oysters. The first was in third grade, so I was skeptical but I was pleasantly surprised. We were seated our table and the eating began. The fresh hush puppies instead of bread was warm and tasty. Then came the grilled calamari that was grilled to perfection. Then the Louisiana shrimp that was in a warm spicy broth. They warn you that this dish is messy before you order it. So just be prepared o use your hands. Lol. It was yummy. Then came my lobster roll...a buttery roll with a one large leaf lettuce and a mountain full of meaty lobster to dip in the butter. Ugh...it was sooooo good. It was topped with a side of shoestring fries that was crispy with a light sprinkle of salt. I totally forgot what my hubs had. But we came home, sat on the couch and we both passed out due to our food coma. Woke up at 4a.m. And wondered what the heck happened. Lol. We will be back again soon.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

For an East Coast oyster and seafood lover Perla's is a wonderful place with great seafood, wonderful beach/coastal ambience, friendly efficient wait staff, reasonable prices and varied menu. We started out with a plate of raw oysters from several parts of the country. And then went to main dishes. I had blue crabmeat eggs benedict, and it was marvelous - great presentation and delicious. The restaraunt is open and light with a lot of space, giving one the feeling of being at the beach in the middle of our city.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

A little more uppity than the rest of South Congress. And apparently you can only eat at their officially sanctioned times. Despite all this, it's a good place to take a quick break - nice patio that somehow feels away from it all.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

We arrived in Austin for a few day getaway and wanted a nice dinner to kick things off. We were walking around the area checking things out and found this place with the 'near me now' feature on Trip Advisor.

The design of the restaurant is entirely different in the two areas. The interior is very upscale and polished. The patio/exterior seating is more casual with a more typical kind of Austin vibe. We sat outside with a window table.

We had a couple of cocktails and split a bottle of wine with dinner. The cocktail menu is creative and they were well mixed. The wine menu is extensive and offers plenty of options.

They have a very eclectic selection of oysters on the half shell from all over North America so we made a selection based on our waiter's recommendation. They were flavorful and well presented but we discovered east coast oysters aren't our preference to gulf or west coast. The seafood selection is excellent and we both opted for local fresh catch-- Texas Redfish and Gulf Strawberry Grouper. The redfish was oak smoked and the grouper was pan roasted. The menu is a la carte so we also split the mac & cheese and roasted brussel sprouts. The fish was clearly fresh and very well prepared. The sides were amazing. Normally not much of a mac & cheese fan but their's was the best I've had by a good measure. The brussell sprouts were skewered and grilled over an open flame-- delicious.

We had coffee and split the doughnut and apple tart dessert. The coffee was good and the dessert was delicious. The waiter advised us this particular selection takes 10-15 minutes to prepare and it was well worth the wait.

The service was quite good aside from a couple of minor timing issues. The atmosphere was fun and causally elegant. Our total check with drinks, dinner, dessert and tip was about $220 and we've definitely spent more for less. We had a fantastic dining experience and would definitely recommend Perla's as a great couples choice!