“Excellent Oysters”

Perla's Seafood and Oyster Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Perla's Seafood and Oyster Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 3,783 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Gibson
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We visited Perla's on our trip to Austin and really enjoyed it! We started off with about 4 different types of oysters, and they were all terrific! Very clean, no shells, just great! For our main course I ordered fish and chips, my husband ordered scallops. While he LOVED his food, I thought mine was just ok. I've had better, and just had higher expectations. We did an oyster shooter after that and THAT was great! Loved that!

Our experience was good, it was pricey but the food was very good so worth it. Since we don't live here we probably won't be back unless we are visiting and have a craving for oysters! :)

There are newer reviews for Perla's Seafood and Oyster Bar

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Really enjoyed a meal with friends at Perla's. Service was fast and friendly, very attentive to our needs. I had an incredible piece of swordfish - every dish was delicious. Can't remember the name of the cocktail I had, but it was elegant, quirky and old-fashioned (something champagne lavender blackberry?). would happily come back in a heart-beat.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Freshest seafood I've had in a while. Nice to have a good second choice for fine dining. Nice portion size

Reviewed December 22, 2012

We had a wonderful brunch here. The service was perfect, and the dishes were all spot on. I had an amazing version of a margarita, called "El Toro". Fantastic selection of Oysters. Eating (and spending) too much is my only complaint- but, man it was worth it!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Great food, fun staff, and worth the trip.

Perla's and Parkside are two of my favorite downtown places to eat. You can't go wrong with anything on the menu.