“Super 8 motel review”

Ranked #159 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Encino, California, United States
“Super 8 motel review”
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Kristen Brown great hospitality made my stay pleasant. Because of her, I'd recommend any out of Towner to stay here!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
san antino
Reviewed April 27, 2012

your employes were very heipful and knowabel of there suraroundings .its nice to be given directions and not get lost ....one person ---kirskn brown recamended places to go and eat;; i give her many thanks it made my stay less stress free

Floral Park, N.Y.
Reviewed April 26, 2012

Good basic hotel, Good location near The Capitol, Univ. of Texas-Austin.Clean rooms, comfortable bed, efficient housekeeping, and "hands on" Management Team. Good Value
Good breakfast, Room has Coffee maker, Microwave, and Fridge.

1 Thank JoeyDee13
Koege, Denmark
Reviewed April 25, 2012

We have stayed in many super8's.
And this was no different - or was it ?
I cannot say that there were bed bugs, but I can only say that the next day - my arms were completely covered with small blisters, they itched like crazy.
On my hips - the same - and 5-10 blisters on both my legs.
We have stayed in many hotels in the USA, during the last 6 years.
And never never ever, have we experienced this (knock on wood).
We always check the beds, but obviously not good enough this time
Don't expect to visit Austin again, but if we do - we will stay in another hotel.
Reception : Didn't have that "WELCOME" attitude - more like "okay - you're here, so what"...

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
lake ronkonkoma,ny
Reviewed April 24, 2012

extremely helpful & knowledgeable staff(EX:kirsten b, milli, etc,etc).... clean, comfortable, safe,plenty of parking,*** descent start-your-day breakfast, internet-room, newly installed flat-screen tv's(did it while we were there in fact) also:
room had microwave,coffeepot,refrig,hairdrier>always a big plus!!......if your looking for 5-star without all the "flare" then this is THEE hotel for you. not fancy but filled the bill!! and was quite reasonable. noise didnt really bother us(me/husband)....if so....request back of hotel! staff would help you with anything & everything.....such a good feeling. know how to treat the their GUESTS!
would definitely recommend this super 8 and would stay again & again if ever in beautiful austin(our first visit to your very lovely city! ***** heads up to super 8, keep UP the good work all of YOU !!!

Room Tip: if dont like noise of highway....then stay in back of hotel or side :)) noise didnt bother us being...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank raliperti
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed April 23, 2012

First of all, we arrived later than check-in, when we came back to the motel all we did was shower and go out to enjoy ourselves. When we came back, we keep finding bugs all over the place. The management over housekeeping was very rude and the front desk basically did not do anything for me. I paid cash and I was leaving town and the manager was supposedly in San Antonio. No one could help me. I stayed the 21st through the 23rd and never saw a maid. I took my own sheets and towels to the front because of the bugs. We did not have toilet paper because someone was not doing there job. We also ran out of kleenex and soap! Only one light bulb worked out of the four of five in the room. I am very upset with the attitude I received while confronting the front desk. It was as if they were making an excuse for everything. The top-maid and top-maintenance people were speaking spanish which was very rude, especially since I speak English, but what I did understand was rude and behind my back. I felt betrayed. Then on top of everything, I told them I would show them the bugs in the room and she even brought one out in a plastic bag. Gross! And they still did not do anything. They just stared at me, and they were speaking about bombing the room and DO NOT STAY HERE!! NO MAIDS IN SIGHT, NO HELP, BAD SERVICE. Never again! We even called the font desk and they said they would get back to us, and go figure...they did not. OHH...I could go on and on...enough!! Stay if you dare!! Or your a bug person!!

Room Tip: Don't choose a room at all, in fact, choose a different place!!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
New York
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Terrific people, from the manager to the housekeepers; friendly and instantly accommodating. Spacious, very fresh room, nicely appointed and lighted, with a comfortable bed. I love a multi-story motel with outside walkways; if it's next to a tasty restaurant/bar (as this is), and has a pool (as this does), and is affordable, clean and safe (as this is), then it's a winner. The name might suggest you are in walking distance of downtown and you're not, but I came here without a car and with a lot of work to do, and I had an excellent experience. As someone who travels a lot, I really appreciate small things like great towels, an individual coffee maker, fresh fruit in the morning, the local paper and a pleasant atmosphere all around. Plus they have better-than-usual waffles, shaped like the state of Texas!

Room Tip: Being from NYC I can sleep anywhere, but if traffic noise bothers you, get a room in the back.
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group