Super 8 Austin University / Downtown Area
$219
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel(Austin)(Great Value!)
$142
$123
La Quinta Inn & Suites Austin Southwest(Austin)(Great Value!)
$93
The Driskill(Austin)
$241
$219
  • Restaurant
Omni Austin at South Park(Austin)(Great Value!)
$122
  • Pool
Wyndham Garden Austin(Austin)(Great Value!)
$109
$99
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 19, 2012

Rooms with micro and fridge ........worked great and just friendly and kind people who look for ways to help you.

Milli is a great mgr with a calm demeanor and responded to any and all needs or requests.

People like Kirsten were just kind and made the stay here better than I expected.

For the price and location this has to be one of Austins best values in hotel stays

Great little breakfast with eggs and sausage among cereals and rolls made this stay even better.

Room Tip: I would recommend the top floor but any room is a good room
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 10, 2011

I have to say that the service I received was absolutely wonderful! Andrea and Joe at the front desk deserve to be recognized for their "job well done!!" It was definitely a welcome experience to walk through the doors and be greeted in comparison to the treatment that I received at another local motel. I made the decision to change hotels and I am SO glad I did!! In addition the rooms were extremely nice and comfortable!!

I will be back!!
Carol Loza

Room Tip: The only advice I can actually give is to ask...the front desk personel were helpful in every other way...I am sure they would be happy to assist!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed November 16, 2011

The room was was excellent the service was out of this world Kristin was awesome!!! We will Stay here again!!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 16, 2011

The room was excellent. The service was outstanding. Kristin went above and beyond. We will stay here again and we recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 3, 2011

If you don't mind doing a bit of walking, Super 8 Downtown is probably one of the best values for the money. Located at 12th street and I-35 the property is only a short walk to the state capitol building, downtown (6th street) and the University of Texas main campus.
Easy access to I-35 in both north and south directions.
There is no restaurant on site but the motel offers free breakfast. There is a Denny's and CVS very nearby.
Front desk staff was friendly and helpful but seemed stressed by the high volume of business on a weekend with a home football game at the university. I had a difficult time trying to get a minor tv remote issue resolved.
Room was comfortable and clean, with fridge and microwave but the noise from outside and from adjoining rooms was fairly constant and audible.
If you are staying over a weekend be warned that there is a night club across the street that plays very loud music well past midnight. Loud enough to cause vibrations in the room. The front desk received many complaints about this problem.
This is not a fancy place but for the price and location it is an excellent deal. I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Request a room on the north side of the property. That is as far away as you can get from the noisy nightclub.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank secled
SuperbService, Owner at Super 8 Austin University / Downtown Area, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2011

We appreciate the review but our motel is NOT located at 12th street. You can find our property 3 minutes north of downtown Austin at 5526 North IH-35 which is exit #238A if you're driving north on IH-35.

We are the only "2 and a half star" Super 8 on IH-35 and our weekend rates start at $69.99...come enjoy our Super Destination!