Super 8 Austin University / Downtown Area
$219
  • Breakfast included
La Quinta Inn & Suites Austin Southwest(Austin)(Great Value!)
$93
Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel(Austin)(Great Value!)
$142
$219
$178
InterContinental
  • Restaurant
Omni Austin at South Park(Austin)(Great Value!)
$122
  • Pool
Wyndham Garden Austin(Austin)(Great Value!)
$109
$99
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 25, 2011

Asked for room close to handicapped parking space/ramp. That was a joke. Their wheelchair ramp was narrow, led to a very pot holed pavement and was covered in water because they drain was right there. There was only 1 handicap parking space and it was frequently occupied by vehicles with no placards or tags indicating disability.

The room was adequate. Clean, plenty of towels. The coffee maker was a 1 cup that took pods, but no pods or coffee supplies was available. When asked the front desk said that they had coffee at the office in the mornings. I was not pleased. They also had advertised a hot breakfast. We arrived to dried out scrambled eggs, no bacon, no fruit. They did, however, supply waffle making stuff and my husband enjoyed his waffle. The coffee we did have was disgusting and needed lots of creamer to make it drinkable.

Wireless internet worked great. Cable tv was okay--lots of missing channels from the dirty laminated channel guide in the room. AC worked great. Sheets were bright white and of good quality. The bed was one of the most comfortable motel beds I've ever slept on. Room included a microwave & fridge, which was a plus.

Ice machine didn't work. Soda machines were $2 for a 20 ounce soda.

Lots of shady characters hanging around, noticeable escorts coming and going. Had a BBQ/smoking area just off the parking lot, which my husband made use of. Pool area looked nice but the weather wasn't pleasant enough for us to take advantage of it.

For $44 plus tax it was worth the money and if I need to stay at a cheap motel I'd probably stay again.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 24, 2011

I was so worry because I never stay in this hotel chain before. But since we had to go in group that needed 5 rooms, we tried our luck by booking the rooms here. I couldn't ask more for a 2 star motel. The room is clean; it has refrigerator & microwave inside. The free breakfast was very helpful. If you don't have any problem with the traffic from highway and can leave your imagination about 4 - 5 stars hotel, then I would recommend this hotel to you.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank istanabunga
Reviewed January 24, 2011

I have stayed at about 5 motels in Austin as I see my son throughout the year. This was my first here. I was so nervous because I've noticed the motels on north I35 tend to be "ghetto". I never felt unsafe at all. I will say the resteraunt next door has live music on weekends and tends to get loud in the wee hours. Drunks, horns, etc. But I will definitly return to this motel. It's a winner!

• Stayed: February 2010
Reviewed November 11, 2010

Nice little place, is a little to close to the freeway so you can hear the traffic but that a side good place. We switched to this hotel from another hotel, the housekeeper lets us check out a couple of rooms before we checked in. Very nice, book with confidence

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 17, 2010

My fiance and I travel to Austin frequently, and usually stay at another hotel. Since it was our anniversary, we spent a little more than usual and got a room here. The room was nice, clean, and decent style. The furnishings all looked fairly new and the bathroom was clean. The bed was also really comfy, which is always nice. It was pretty busy when we went, so there were a lot of people outside making noise. There were people yelling, running around, and slamming doors. Most of it was during the day, and it wasn't a whole lot. So we didn't really mind. My only complaint was that when I got out of the shower the next morning, there was a cricket on the floor. I'd rather it be a cricket than a roach though, haha. Overall it was a pretty good deal (we paid $60 + tax and fees) and we were happy with our stay. So if you're looking for a nicer decent room just to crash in, this is a good place to stay. It's only a 6-10 minute drive to downtown from this location.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple