“Fresh Unique Take on Mexican”
Review of La Condesa

La Condesa
Reserve with OpenTable
La Condesa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #155 of 3,851 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Guadalupe
Description: La Condesa is an award-winning modern Mexican restaurant located in Austin’s vibrant 2nd Street District. Helmed by Executive Chef Rick Lopez, La Condesa’s menu features interior Mexican dishes made with fresh, locally sourced ingredients, plus a renowned bar program with the largest collection of 100% blue agave tequila and mezcal in the city.
Reviewed March 14, 2013

One of the best eateries we experienced in Austin. The decor is birght and vibrant. The bar area is comfortable and hip with an awesome Margarita! We ate here for lunch and everyone in our party of five had something different. Rave reviews from the whole table! Service was superb and our waiter was quick to answer all questions especially in respect to the unique ingredients and even prep/cooking the dishes. They provided my husband with this amazing corn on the cob, even though he didn't see it on the menu, complimentary! They went above and beyond in all areas! A MUST if you're visiting Austin, TX!

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Incredible food, billed as 'Modern Mexican" it has flavor combos never experienced before. Atmosphere is good and service was top notch. Be SURE to save room for dessert. The Dulce de leche cake with cream cheese ice cream is worth a trip to Austin alone! Don't miss this place while you're here!

Reviewed March 4, 2013

My food & drink (although wrong) were very good. The service wasn't stellar but I would go back (in a smaller group)

Reviewed February 25, 2013

My side kick took me here for my bday. This place can do Mexican. I started with a ceviche Coctel De Camaron which poaced shrimp with aji-Amarillo broth, orange and avocado. So refreshing. Then I had the mole dominguero which is citrus rubbed half rotisserie chicken with three-day mole and grilled cebollitas, crema, and tortillas. I finished with Boca Negra. You have to look t the menu for this one. Lol.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Why this place is so popular is beyond me. They do have a couple of unique and tasty offerings, but generally it is overpriced for "try to be creative" concoctions.

Been to La Condesa? Share your experiences!