“Excellent, modern hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Courtyard Austin North/Parmer Lane
Ranked #104 of 197 Hotels in Austin
“Excellent, modern hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

Stayed there with my son last weekend, in one of the two bedroom King suites on the 5th floor. Very spacious, with a door between the bedroom and the living room. The hotel is very new and modern. Good fitness room with free weights and cardio. The bistro makes surprisingly decent food, which is convenient. They also have the Wall Street Journal in the lobby each morning which is vastly better than the usual USA Today. Katie at the front desk was super helpful, particularly when the Hilton next door had a loud band playing out front. She made sure they finished by 9pm sharp.

Room Tip: The two bedroom suite is great if you can get it for a good price. Large and quiet. Generally ask fo...
Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Katy, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

I had to travel to Austin for work and my husband and kids came with me for a quick getaway. We selected this hotel because it was close to where I needed to be for work. It has an updated Courtyard lobby. The rooms are very nice - updated and clean. The service was good as well. The pool is indoor but it worked for a quick swim for the kids. The location was central for what we needed but right behind the hotel, looked like a rough area.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

I recently need a little get away time and decided to stay at this property. I checked in to a King Suite, amazing furnishings and the bed was to die for, I sleep on a TempurPedic at home and while it wasn't a TP it was so comfortable I did not want to get out of it. Had Flat Panel HD tv's in each room and the AC was independent in each room too!!! I like to sleep in the cold :)
I normally do not eat at hotels, most have always seemed over priced and tasted at best OK...but since I had a couple of cocktails and did not want to drive anywhere I ordered from the Bistro, first the prices were VERY comparable to the local restaurants, even Jack in the Box...and the food was awesome!!! It was hot and fresh and tasted awesome, Raz was the chef the night I ordered.
The location was centrally located and a breeze to jump in any road and get to where I needed to go and only a few minutes from all the downtown sites.
Got to thank Katie and Jules for making sure everything was in order!

Room Tip: If you are going to be entertaining guests or family the king suite is HUGE, larger than any I have...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

One of the core strengths of Courtyard by Marriott is their consistency. Doesn't matter where in the world you are, you have a pretty good idea of what to expect. This property lives up to that. Rooms are in the signature Courtyard colour scheme and the rooms are in tip top shape. It's nice that for those who often have to work in their rooms in the evenings, there is even a LAN connection providing high speed connection for those who need it.

The cafe food is solid although could stand to have a little variety (80% of the items seem to involve chicken). Service staff are friendly and courteous. Location is pretty good for those who are in town working for Dell or GM.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stayed at the Courtyard for two nights as part of a group rate. The hotel was very clean, with an inviting lobby and the rooms were very clean and well organized. The hotel staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. This hotel is a great value and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

For a personal business trip this was a terrific property. I stayed here on two separate occasions and as an example of their newest design template I'd say that Courtyard has done a great job with the update. I've stayed in Courtyards for over a decade and recall its less glamorous, bare bones value days. But this design is pleasing to the eye as well as clean and comfortable.

My favorite features -
- walk-in shower
- attractiveness and layout of the new lobby and common dining area
- in-room work desk / work area
- new and clean
- Internet access included

There were no downsides for me. But note that this is not the place to watch traditional TV. The TV in the room is small and stations are limited and there are no PPV movies.

Room Tip: I stayed on the side opposite the freeway and heard no road noise. If you prefer the drone of traffi...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Edmond, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

Even though my business partner and I stayed only one night the staff at the Marriot went the extra yard to make sure our needs were met. Katie and Julie should receive a special shout out for thinking outside the box and coming up with a solution to our issue. Thanks very much ladies and I will definitely stay at this hotel when I am next in Austin..........

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business