“This hotel changed my opinion of Courtyard Marriotts”

Courtyard Austin North/Parmer Lane
Ranked #105 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Austin
“This hotel changed my opinion of Courtyard Marriotts”
Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

For almost 6 months now I've been living in hotels all throughout the Austin area as i look for an apt that's suitable. I've stayed at probably 12-15 different hotels over that time and usually 3 1/2 stars or better. This particular hotel i got booked at through priceline, during sxsw music fest. and i admit i wasnt thrilled about it. I had previously stayed at another courtyard in Austin for the first time and was not happy with any part of it, so the name had a big strike against it going into this new venture. A hotel critic I'm not but Im qualified to tell it like it is and this hotel was outstanding. I was thoroughly amazed at the way the staff conducted themselves with customers as well with each other. Very courteous, friendly, and professional. Rooms were great, food was very good, clean , and all kept up during a very busy south by southwest music festival. I'm a citizen now at the Omni hotel, somehow that comes with being at the top level of their food chain. They even give u an ambassador once you reach that level (black level). But the Omni gets very proud on special occasions, as do most hotels when people come to town, and the next time they do get too pricey for their britches, I'll be going straight back the the courtyard Parmer, without hesitation .

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Shawn W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Helotes, Texas, United States
Reviewed March 24, 2013

This was our first stay at the Courtyard. Our club volleyball team stayed at the hotel. We only stayed one night. Many parents stayed the prior night. I talking with some of the parents prior to checking in, several noted the their room faced IH35, thus hearing all the road noise. At check in I requested a room not facing the traffic and I was accommodated with a smile. There was no road noise. All of the staff would say hello anytime you saw one of them. The room was a good size, we had a king with a sofa sleeper, not a lot of room, just enough for 2 parents and a child. The small refrigerator was nice to have as well. We stayed on the 2nd floor, and it was very quiet, didnt really see another other guests, but our team mates. I also went to ask for more towels at the front desk and the young lady went to the back and quickly got what I needed. I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, besure and request a room not on the IH35 side.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
Reviewed March 21, 2013

My first night here, my next door neighbor was having a domestic dispute at 3am. It got very loud and rather scary. I called the front desk. They promptly moved me to another floor / room. That room was right above the dumpsters and the trash trucks were loud. After a night of little sleep, I asked the desk if they could move me once more - to a quiet room.. They did, no questions asked. And they even moved my belonging for me while I was gone (they asked me first if ok). The rest of the trip was great.

Room Tip: ask for a room that faces the park in the back...much more quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Tigard, Oregon
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Have stayed here befrore when we are in Austin and it does not disappoint. Staff is always friendly and accomodating. Beds and room were very comfortable. My wife was even given a rose for Valentine's Day. Only complaint was that the only guest washing machine was inopperative but their maintenance staff had it working within an hour. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 12, 2013

This was the second Courtyard of our trip and completely met our expectations. A friendly greeting at check in started off our experience. Once in the room we knew we'd chosen wisely; the beds were comfortable, the pillows so much better than the flat lifeless ones that habitate too many hotels, and dare I say it an oversize walk in shower. We also enjoyed the heated pool to stretch our weary bodies. This time also took advantage of the Bistro for dinner, I can recommend the shrimp dim sum. With a glass of wine a very nice dinner. This bistro has booths with tv's to enjoy and also gain some privacy from the larger lobby. Starbucks in the morning confirmed the Bistro is a hit with us.

Room Tip: High floors have less noise from surrounding neighbors. Also, our room did not connect to another r...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I stay at this hotel on a regular basis an dhave never been dissappointed. It is actually my favorite courtyard. Staff is friendly and accomodating and rooms are always clean. The location is great if you're going to multiple locations. You're just north of Austin and south of Round Rock. In addition, they have the best hotel special for that afterwork cocktail with Texas beers starting at $2.50. My only real complaint is the shower...the water pressure is awful. In any case, I highly recommend staying here if you're looking for a new place to stay when business takes you to Austin

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

Well-maintained, renovated property with a friendly, energetic staff. Beds are very comfortable, rooms are well-furnished. Lobby is attractive, breakfast convenient, reaonably-priced. We always stay here when visiting Austin and have had uniformly good experiences.

Recommend asking for rooms on the wing away from I35 if you are a light sleeper.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple