“Best happy hour in town”
Review of Truluck's Seafood

Truluck's Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Truluck's Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #96 of 3,850 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Northwest Austin
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Enjoy delicious appetizers during happy hour while listening to live entertainment. Food and service are excellent. Try the crab cake or small burgers....

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Truluck's Austin Arboretum is my favorite spot for board dinners...the food is great--especially the seafood tower; the service top tier, and perfect environment to discuss business...i hosted a board dinner here last week and asked for several favors of which were all accomodated promptly with a smile...keep up the GREAT work...

Reviewed August 23, 2013

We had some bad experiences in couple of Arboretum resturants before Truluck's. My husband is picky on steak but he likes the steak in this Truluck's very much.
My order of seafood plate is also fresh and tasty, just little pricy.
The enviorment and seating is good. The staff were friendly and attentive. The waiter serve our table is handsome and nice. We like this resturant and will be back for sure.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

We ate at this location for my son's birthday. Although we were late due to traffic, we were seated immediately. Our server Dan was outstanding. He was very attentive and friendly without being
obtrusive. We all ordered different dishes and appetizers--calamari, crab cake, crab for an entree as well as hot and crunchy trout and red fish with the ponchatrain sauce. We were able to make substitutions on sides which was nice. Calamari was the better appetizer as it was perfectly fried,
The crab cake did not have lump crab meat and therefore seemed stringy. The fresh crabs were good and I would describe the others as average. We received complimentary desserts which were below expectations. The date night menu for $39 is a bargain. Entrees are somewhat pricey. All in all we had a good time especially with Kenny Luna playing and singing in the bar
area.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

One of my pet peeves is to go out to a fine dining restaurant (for which you pay more) but it isn't worth the price. That is not true with Truluck's. For our anniversary, we ordered from the Date Night Menu which is a soup or salad, the main entree and a shared desert. It is $39 per person. The food was good and what you would expect from a fine dining establistment but this is where Truluck's went the extra mile.
- The salads were not a small little plate but rather filled what would be a traditional desert plate.-- There was endless bread service. One of the breads was a walnut breat which was especially good. Also this was good soft bread versus "crackers" I have had at other fine dining restaurants.
- Endless soda service. My husband is a soda person and refills were not extra.
- The entree were good size. My husband ordered the Trout and it was a good large piece. (The crab cake I received was a good size but just one so this is more what I expect of a fine dining restaurant.)
- The deserts are huge. The large piece of chocolate cake would be more than enough for two people with some left over to take home.

Our server, Steve was exceptional...hit the right balance of being there, bing friendly but no too intrusive. We never had to wonder where is Steve to get more bread or soda. But we also did not feel like we had to keep stopping our conversation because Steve wanted to join in a discussion.

We are already talking about going again. This restaurant would be appropriate for a business dinner but also served us fine for a romantic evening out. We also received a Happy Anniversary card from the staff.

Been to Truluck's Seafood? Share your experiences!